- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A charming, 200-year old, rose-fronted cottage in a quiet terrace adjoining woodlands in the historic and welcoming market town of Harleston.
Offering quality, well-equipped accommodation, this delightful property boasts sloping floors and walls, original beams, an inglenook fireplace with woodburner in the cosy sitting room and a queen-size bedroom with views over the countryside.
Wander down the lovely, mature garden, rich in birdlife, to discover a second, secret garden with a babbling brook.
Take advantage of excellent walking and angling and explore lovely Harleston with its pubs, inns and good selection of restaurants and cafes.
Nestled on the Norfolk/Suffolk borders and Norfolk Broads this property provides an ideal base from which to visit many beautiful villages and towns including Bungay, Beccles and Norwich, and is just a short drive from the wonderful Suffolk coast.
After exploring the surrounding countryside and villages, return to this cosy, romantic cottage for a glass of wine under the willow tree, or in winter, enjoy a roaring log fire in the inglenook.
A perfect ending to the day in this beautiful part of England.
Two bedrooms: 1 x queen-size double, 1 x single (open plan room on landing). Ground floor shower room with shower cubicle, basin & WC. Fitted galley-style kitchen. Cosy sitting room with dining area, inglenook fireplace & woodburner. Porches.
- Gas central heating with woodburner in sitting room
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, video, DVD, radio, selection of books/games
- Fuel, power & starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Large, enclosed lawned gardens with fruit trees, patio area & garden furniture, leading through to a second grassed garden with a brook at the end
- Free bike hire at local pub
- Sorry, no pets & no smoking
- Shop and pub 10 mins walk
- Note: Brook area in garden is fenced but please ensure care is taken
- Note: Staircase leads into single bedroom on landing
- Note: No children under 7, except babes-in-arms.
About the location
Pulham St Mary 3 miles; Bungay 8 miles; Beccles 13 miles; Norwich 19 miles; Southwold 21 miles.
Located on the Norfolk/Suffolk border, Harleston nestles in the beautiful Waveney Valley within easy reach of the Suffolk Heritage Coast and with endless beautiful towns and villages just a short drive away. This friendly town offers ancient inns, charming individual shops, good restaurants and cafes, an art gallery and local museum, and a weekly market. Enjoy antique auctions, country walks from your doorstep, angling and birdwatching. Endless day trips include the Aviation & Steam Train Museums, Castles, Cathedrals, Breweries, Vineyards, the famous Norfolk Broads, and the Sandringham Estate. Nearby Bungay boasts many historic attractions, the ruins of Bigod's Castle, Buttercross, a Spring Garden market, a Summer antiques fair and Christmas Market, attracting many people each year. A 30 minute drive to the fabulous Suffolk coast brings you to magical Southwold with its famous amber shop, and even nearer is the market town of Beccles at the head of the Broads.
Note: No children under 7, except babes-in-arms.
- Last minute