- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A charming, thatched end-terrace cottage, located down a quiet, unmade lane in the riverside village of Coltishall in Norfolk.
Tucked away, this Coltishall cottage benefits from having its own river mooring and fishing rights on the River Bure, which is just a two minute walk across the water meadow behind the cottage.
Offering a combination of original features and modern comforts, this delightful Norfolk cottage provides ideal family holiday accommodation.
Inside, this Norfolk cottage has an open plan living area with a well-equipped, fitted kitchen and a sitting area with dining table.
Guests to this Norfolk cottage also have use of a second sitting room with sofa bed while there are two pretty bedrooms on the first floor.
From your open plan living area you can access the sunny patio area at your Coltishall holiday cottage.
With outdoor furniture this is a perfect spot for relaxing after a busy day exploring the many beautiful places surrounding your Norfolk cottage.
The riverside village of Coltishall offers several good pubs and restaurants, tea rooms and a local Post Office and store, while within easy reach of your holiday accommodation are a number of attractions including National Trust properties, the cathedral city of Norwich with its wealth of amenities and the wonderful Norfolk coastline.
An ideal family retreat for a relaxing, riverside break at any time of the year.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x single with additional pull-out stacker bed (suitable for a child only). Ground floor bathroom with bath and basin. Separate ground floor WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric fire and door to courtyard garden. Second sitting room with double sofa bed.
- Electric storage heating with electric fire in sitting area
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair and stairgate available
- Off road parking for two cars
- Private enclosed courtyard with furniture
- River mooring and fishing available on the banks of the River Bure, approx
- 2 mins walk from cottage (rod licence required)
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and owners' pub 5 mins walk
- Note: Due to the close proximity of the river, please ensure children are supervised at all times
- Note: This property is suitable for a maximum of 5 adults and 1 child
- Note: The cottage is next to the Norfolk Mead Hotel, which hold weddings in their new function pavilion
- The venue has very effective sound insulation, but there maybe some noise disturbance as guests leave
- Last minute
- “The property was ideal for us. A great location and spacious enough for our family of 6. The owners were very helpful and friendly.”
- “Lovely cottage, good location, Norwich shopping centre near by for the girls and plenty of rivers to fish for the guys!! And a nice local pub (Kings Head) in walking distance. Great holiday!”
- “Great location and lovely cottage.”
About the location
Wroxham 4 miles; Norwich 9 miles.
The pretty Norfolk Broadland village of Coltishall is known locally as the ‘Gateway to the Broads’, where, on Coltishall Common, you can find an array of moored boats sitting along the banks of the River Bure. The banks of the River Bure are the picturesque setting of Coltishall Staithe, a large grassed area enjoying riverside pubs and restaurants, a village store/Post Office and attractive cottages. In summer, both locals and visitors enjoy relaxing picnics, feeding the ducks and playing ball games, while in winter, the local waterfowl enjoy Coltishall Staithe’s riverside tranquillity. On the outskirts of Coltishall is the summertime pick-up stop of the Bure Valley Railway, a narrow gauge steam and diesel service running between the market town of Aylsham and Wroxham, and walkers can enjoy the riverside footpath from Coltishall Lock. The local area offers a wide choice of places to visit from craft barns and beautiful gardens to National Trust properties and Redwings Horse Sanctuary, while river boat trips can also be enjoyed. With Norfolk’s beautiful and varied coastline within easy reach, this is a lovely location for discovering Norfolk.