- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A delightful mid-terraced cottage just two minutes' walk from the beach in the popular Suffolk seaside village of Kessingland. Furnished in a modern style with high-quality fixtures and fittings, this Kessingland cottage is ideal for a couple or a small family to enjoy the delights of this beautiful area. Two bedrooms and a family bathroom are located on the first floor of this cottage in Kessingland, whilst the ground floor accommodation is made up of a well-equipped kitchen and a spacious sitting room. Attached to the kitchen is a lovely garden room where you can sit and read in peace, whilst the fully-enclosed rear garden gives you the opportunity to relax with a refreshing drink after a long day on the beach. You can see the sea from the front door of this Suffolk cottage, with the beach and local pub just a short stroll away. Kessingland has a good selection of shops and is home to Africa Alive, a fabulous day out for children of all ages, plus the beach is a popular location for birdwatchers. The Suffolk coast is home to a wide selection of attractions; visit the pretty seaside towns of Southwold and Aldeburgh, or head north to the traditional resort of Lowestoft and Pleasurewood Hills theme park. Alternatively, head inland and take a boat for the day on Oulton Broad, or tour the market towns of Beccles and Bungay. A wonderful Kessingland cottage, perfect for a holiday all year round.
Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and electric fire. Garden room (seats 1).
- Gas central heating with electric fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair
- Roadside parking on first come, first served basis 100 yards from cottage
- Public car parks nearby
- Patio garden with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 10 mins walk, pub 2 mins walk
- Beach 2 mins walk.
- “Everything you need”
- “We stayed at Sunshine Cottage in early October, planned a relaxing week away with our geriatric dog and that is exactly what we got. The cottage had every facility you could want, and everything was modern and clean. The beach area is just a few minutes away, ideal for dog walking and clearly marked signs to advise where and when you can go. A very welcoming pub, the Sailors Return is just accross the road , they are very friendly and welcome well behave dogs on a lead in the main bar area which is useful if you don't want to go far for food. Communication with the owners was great.We would definately book again if we planned to stay in this area.”
- “Sunshine cottage is a lovely modern clean cottage in a peacefull location close to the sea. Kessingland is very quite but is with in easy travelling distance to the larger resorts of Southwold and Great Yarmouth. If i had to find a downside it would be the parking,there is parking close to the cottage but not at the cottage. I would definetely stay there again”
- “Really beautiful cottage and the heating was very good. The situation was very convenient for the local pub, restaurant, village shop and bus stop if needed. Perfect for dog walkers as it was very near a beach where dogs are allowed. The perfect location for restful holiday.”
- “Liked the position of the cottage, a 2 minutes stroll to the beach. Had a secure garden for the dog and was quiet with very little passing traffic. Spacious rooms and very nice décor and furnishings. Great to have a freezer/dishwasher/washing machine. One of the nicest cottages we have stayed in.”
- “The property was in a vary good location.”
- “A really lovely break in a well appointed cosy cottage. Plenty of space for us, two kids and our dog, and was lovely and warm. Great to be so close to the beach and had everything we needed including good fish & chips and Chinese takeaway nearby.”
- “Great location. The cottage was very clean and well decorated.”
- “The best-presented cottage we've ever rented. A lovely, quiet village and excellent base for the coast. An excellent introduction to Suffolk and Norfolk. We'll be back!”
- “House was very comfortable and easy to live in. Very close to the seashore - lovely.”
- “Fantastic location, very close to the sea and great for exploring this beautiful area. We visited many beautiful places yet never drove more than 15 miles away. Lovely sun-trap garden!”
- “The location was good and very central for what we wanted. The cottage was very homely and had everything we could want. Close to beach, pubs, restaurants and locals were very friendly.”
- “Location right by the beach so ideal for dog walking and also a great base for exploring the area.”
About the location
Lowestoft 6 miles; Southwold 8.5 miles.
The quiet Suffolk coastal village of Kessingland is nestled between Southwold and Lowestoft, on the 'Sunrise Coast' a region of Suffolk enjoying 27 miles of award-winning beaches and part of the Suffolk Heritage Coastline, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, offering unspoilt beaches, beautiful heath lands and nature reserves at Benacre and RSPB Minsmere, along with pretty southern Broadland market towns. Kessingland enjoys good beach fishing and local amenities include several pubs, restaurants, shops, a tea room, children's park and the award-winning attraction Africa Alive. Nearby Lowestoft has two piers, an active harbour with boats and ships, a marina, a golden sandy beach with attractions which include scuba diving, snorkelling and jet skiing, and a cinema and a theatre. Yarmouth offers lots of family fun with traditional seaside entertainments. The local surrounding area has a great wealth of places to visit with something to please every family member on a beach-side holiday.