- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Hidden down a private lane within the Norfolk village of Bawsey, this delightful cottage enjoys access to the owners' private 12 acres of natural woodland.
With accommodation all on the ground floor, this charming Bawsey cottage offers space and comfort with traditional country-style furnishings.
Gather round the decorative baby grand piano in the sitting room, untuned but a lot of fun!
The gas, living-flame fire creates a wonderfully relaxed and cosy environment on colder nights.
Outside this Bawsey cottage, guests can enjoy relaxing in the hot tub in the Norfolk sunshine in the private garden surrounded by native trees and rhododendrons, or take a stroll through the 12 acres of woodland, home to deer, badgers and many species of birdlife.
Walk or cycle to neighbouring Bawsey Lakes, where you can enjoy lovely views, or picnic whilst watching the resident waterfowl.
Just 4 miles from this Bawsey cottage you can explore the Norfolk maritime town of King's Lynn with its rich historical past.
The Royal Sandringham Estate is nearby, and all the wonderful North Norfolk coast is just awaiting your exploration.
A wonderful Bawsey cottage base from which to enjoy beautiful Norfolk.
Note: This cottage is next door to Ref.
10038, together they sleep 12.
All ground floor. Four double bedrooms. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Cloakroom with basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with breakfast area (seats 4). Sitting room with gas living-flame fire and dining area.
Gas central heating with gas fire. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Off road parking for 3 cars. Private garden to front and rear with furniture and exclusive use of hot tub. Shared use of 12 acres of private woodland. Two well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 2 miles, pub 10 mins walk. Note: Check-in after 4pm.
- Last minute
- “So much more than detailed!”
- “The cottage is quite hard to find (only if you loose the instructions!) it is idealic and great space. Everything you need is there! The next door cottage is very close but to be honest we never noticed them at all. The small walk behind the cottage to the lake is amazing and was such an amazing treat. You could be anywhere in the world and we would love to return.”
- “Ideal base for exploring Norfolk”
- “Paid for an extra day, unfortunately the hot tub was switched off when we arrived, had to wait a day for it to warm up and by mid week the water was to dirty to use, smelt like washing machine waste water. The cottage was comfortable but we were surprised how close to the main road it was. The electrical appliances are about ready for an upgrade as the cooker was not fully functional and the small old TV is lost in the large comfortable lounge. Lovely woodland walks behind the property with fantastic lakes and wildlife. All in all a relaxing break.”
- “Loved the hot tub and location. Great for walking the dog around nearby lake.”
- “The property is very spacious and comfy! Lovely and warm and the hot tub was a great touch. The cottage does have Internet access and the information pack given was great. It's worth the money and you won't be disappointed! 10/10 For a lovely peaceful holiday!”
- “Lovely location convenient for all tourist attractions. Hot tub lovely for relaxing after day out.”
- “Location of cottage, could walk out of garden into woods and down to lake very safe and secluded for dogs and children. The Hot Tub is a big hit. Good location for visiting Sandringham and only 30 mins from good beaches.”
- “We really liked that the property was tucked in and just a short walk away from the lake, which is very scenic. The living room was perfect for a large group. Hot tub was really great and was large enough for 6 people. The bedrooms were very cosy and nice.”
About the location
King's Lynn 4 miles; Sandringham 7 miles; Hunstanton 15 miles; Swaffham 16 miles.
The rural Norfolk village of Bawsey is well placed for visiting the many diverse attractions in this area, all within easy travelling distance. Just four miles from Bawsey is the historic maritime town of King’s Lynn, with its elegant houses and Customs House, a little further is the Queen’s country retreat, Sandringham House and gardens, while the west and north Norfolk coastlines are within easy driving distance. With traditional seaside holiday attractions and clean beaches, local RSPB nature reserves, National Trust properties and interesting stately homes, as well as interesting local market towns and small coastal villages, there is plenty to see and do from Bawsey.