- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Common Farm Cottages
Coltishall 1 mile. These delightful semi-detached red brick and flint barn conversion cottages are situated down a narrow lane, surrounded by countryside, just one mile from the Norfolk village of Coltishall. These two welcoming Coltishall cottages are equipped with everything you will need, and they are the perfect base for those wishing to escape to the country for a family holiday or for a romantic break. The large shared garden with patio is an ideal place to enjoy Norfolk’s sunshine, and Coltishall village offers several good pubs serving food, a village shop, a butcher's and petrol station, along with Coltishall Common and Coltishall Staithe which provide a wonderful place to relax whilst watching boats pass on the River Bure. The Bure Valley Railway is just a five minute walk from your Coltishall cottages and the cycle and footpath running along the track provides fantastic scenery for a pleasant walk or bike ride. The superb Norfolk Broads are close by, whilst the city of Norwich is within easy driving distance and offers many places of interest. Two excellent Coltishall cottages, ideal for exploring the whole of Norfolk.
A wonderful semi-detached converted former farm building in peaceful countryside surroundings just one mile from the popular village of Coltishall. There are two bedrooms which along with a double sofa bed, make this cottage near Coltishall a lovely family holiday home. Note: This cottage is next to ref 19822 and together they sleep 10 people.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with sofa bed.
Electric storage heaters. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot and highchair on request. Off road parking for 2 cars. Shared front lawned garden with patio, furniture and BBQ. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 1 mile. Note: There is an unfenced pond at this property situated outside the walled and gated garden. Note: No stag or hen parties.
- Last minute
- “A beautiful family cottage, perfectly located and in a beautiful”
- “We spent one week at Sweet Briar Barn and loved the cottage - it was beautifully presented, with everything we could possibly have needed for our family of five and with many of those 'extra touches' which made our time there extra-special. It is set in a beautiful, quiet location and is perfectly located for the many local attractions around the Broads, as well as only being a short drive to the many beautiful beaches. We could not have wished for more!”
- “Superb cottage in lovely countryside surroundings.”
- “A beautiful building, immaculately clean with everything you need available. The location is great for accessing the beach, the broads and many other activities. We would love to stay again.”
- “A beautiful cottage in peaceful surroundings, yet perfectly located for exploring this great county.”
- “The cottage was very well equipped and in a lovely location - peaceful and yet convenient for the many attractions of the Norfolk Broads.”
- “It was cosy, warm & welcoming. In a pretty area, a lovely barn and an excellent garden for youngsters/sitting outside in nice weather. Very convenient for Norwich and North Norfolk. A very happy week, I would certainly recommend Sweet Briar Barn.”
- “A great 'get away from it all' location. Sweet Briar Barn is delightful.”
- “Sweet Briar Barn is a lovely cottage in an idyllic location, which was very clean and well maintained with a good level of equipment. I would definitely recommend this cottage to my family and friends.”
About the location
Wroxham 4 miles; Norwich 9 miles.
The pretty Norfolk Broadland village of Coltishall is known locally as the ‘Gateway to the Broads’, where, on Coltishall Common, you can find an array of moored boats sitting along the banks of the River Bure. The banks of the River Bure are the picturesque setting of Coltishall Staithe, a large grassed area enjoying riverside pubs and restaurants, a village store/Post Office and attractive cottages. In summer, both locals and visitors enjoy relaxing picnics, feeding the ducks and playing ball games, while in winter, the local waterfowl enjoy Coltishall Staithe’s riverside tranquillity. On the outskirts of Coltishall is the summertime pick-up stop of the Bure Valley Railway, a narrow gauge steam and diesel service running between the market town of Aylsham and Wroxham, and walkers can enjoy the riverside footpath from Coltishall Lock. The local area offers a wide choice of places to visit from craft barns and beautiful gardens to National Trust properties and Redwings Horse Sanctuary, while river boat trips can also be enjoyed. With Norfolk’s beautiful and varied coastline within easy reach, this is a lovely location for discovering Norfolk.