- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This beautiful mid-terrace Edwardian townhouse is situated in the Norfolk village of Mundesley, close to Cromer, Sheringham and the Broads.
Set over three floors, this Mundesley cottage has been tastefully furnished to a high standard and offers a blend of period features and modern conveniences.
Ideally placed for discovering the many attractions in this part of Norfolk, your spacious Mundesley holiday home boasts a welcoming sitting room with warming multi-fuel stove and a sitting area on the second floor landing, which is the perfect place for younger members of the party to relax and watch TV.
This Norfolk cottage also has a delightful kitchen with breakfast area and a separate dining room, along with two bathrooms, a shower room and five bedrooms.
Outside this cottage in Mundesley is an enclosed garden which leads to a roof terrace, from where you can enjoy alfresco dining or a glass of wine whilst watching the setting sun.
This Norfolk cottage is just a few minutes' walk from a beach, pub with restaurant, cafes and shops, plus the area offers a number of sandy and pebble beaches, seaside villages and towns.
Within easy reach are the world famous Norfolk Broads, where you can hire a boat and admire the scenery, or alternatively visit Norwich, which has something for everyone.
This Mundesley cottage is a superb retreat for families or friends.
Over three floors. Five bedrooms: 1 x second floor double, 1 x second floor twin, 1 x king-size double with balcony, 1 x twin, 1 x adult bunks. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Second floor bathroom with bath, basin and WC. First floor basin and WC. Kitchen with breakfast area (seats 7). Dining room. Sitting room with multi-fuel stove. Second floor sitting area with tea and coffee facilities on landing. Rear porch/breakfast room.
- Gas central heating with multi-fuel stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, mini fridge on second floor, washing machine, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and 2 stairgates
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Secure bike store in garage
- Enclosed front garden
- Enclosed rear paved garden leading to roof terrace with furniture and BBQ
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 5 mins walk, pub 2 mins walk
- Note: Steep and narrow steps to second floor accommodation which has restricted head room
- Note: 4pm check in.
- “The house was delightful and very well equipped for a large part”
- “We all very much enjoyed our stay at Samphire House. The position is very good and the house very comfortable. I would certainly recommend it to any other large party.”
- “Relaxing holiday with excellent accommodation & access to a vari”
- “Samphire House is well equipped with comfortable good quality accommodation. Within easy walking distance of beach, centre of the Mundersley,local pubs,restaurants & shops. Mundersley is relatively near to a number of good places to visit. We enjoyed our holiday very much. Only one minor criticism was the lack of a local village map with footpaths denoted which would have saved us finding out by exploring.”
- “Home from home”
- “This house was very well equipped and a good size. The location is good as Mundlessey has shops, takeaways and pubs. the beach was 5 minutes walk from the house. It is a quiet location and has good outdoor facilities. the owner was very welcoming and left us a lovely starter pack of bread, eggs butter, cheese, milk and teabags. loo rolls were provided in each toilet and bathroom. The only fault was that the single beds had very uncomfortable mattresses and quilts had to be used as padding(luckily it was warm so we didnt need them on top). All in all we had a lovely stay and there is alot to do in the area.”
- “We have stayed in the area before and found the accommodation first class.”
- “This was certainly one of the nicest houses we have stayed in. It was beautifully decorated and equipped. We had a party of six people and we all found it very comfortable. The house is situated very close to the beach and we could take our dog a few steps to the north or the south, to long, dog friendly stretches of sand. The nearby pub had fine beers and very good food for treats, it takes dogs in one bar or you can sit outside. Samphire House is a perfect base for a family or grown up holiday. The owners are charming and take great care to ensure it is clean and comfortable.”
- “This was a lovely property and we loved staying there. It was close to the beach and pubs. The home felt really cosy and was well equipped. Would definitely recommend this to anyone wanting a family holiday that is nice and relaxed.”
- “Everything was catered for, they'd thought of everything we could need. A lovely place.”
- “Liked the closeness of the beach, the pub, the Chinese restaurant and the shops. The varied layout/levels of the property. The house was plenty spacious enough for our party. The heating was more than warm enough ( the log fire heated the lounge even more) and the rear roof terrace was great to let the dogs out. A lovely, comfortable and welcoming holiday home.”
- “We loved the house. It was a short walk to fabulous beaches and a local pub served good food. Everything we needed was provided in the house which was immaculate and very comfortable.”
- “The house was really comfortable and well equipped. Every effort had been made to make the place look good and feel homely.”
- “Samphire House was better than we expected, it was spacious, well decorated and convenient for the beach and shops. Ideal for extended family holidays of all ages. The owners were friendly and helpful and it was a lovely touch to provide a starter pack of groceries which enabled us to have a cup of tea on arrival. There is plenty to do in the area and the children's favourite day out was at Bewilderwood adventure park. The beach was large and safe for small children. There is also a skate park and an excellent play area in Mundesley.”
- “Samphire House was a total delight. The kitchen was amazingly well kitted out, with stacks of china, glassware and cutlery. The children's plates and cutlery were a very nice touch in a family-sized property, and much appreciated by the younger members of our party. The tasteful décor and very good quality furniture and furnishings made for a really comfortable stay. In short, everything a family could possibly need for a great seaside holiday was provided, right down to the buckets and spades!”
- “This property is ideally located for anyone wanting a quiet holiday with easy access to the beach and also local amenities. We had a lovely family holiday and the property is really spacious so we didn't all get on top of each other. The property is really well kept and the owners were really lovely.”
- “Three families shared the house, it was spacious enough that we weren't in each other's pockets. The location was superb, so close to the beach - ideal for the kids and the dogs! We all had a brilliant holiday and the house was ideal.”
- “The holiday had a perfect location, so near to the beach and local shops. It was an ideal place for our friends and family to have a very comfortable and enjoyable break. It was especially nice to be greeted by the owners and run through all of the house.”
About the location
North Walsham 5 miles; Cromer 8 miles; Sheringham 14 miles; Norwich 20 miles.
The attractive, Norfolk coastal village of Mundesley offers shops, cafés, a popular golf course, a large park with play areas, a wonderful sandy beach with brightly coloured beach huts and quaint cottages, many of which are built in local flint stone. The popular seaside towns of Cromer and Sheringham, which is known as a stop for steam trains travelling on the Poppy Line Heritage Railway, are both close by. There are many other places of interest in the area, including the National Trust owned Sheringham Park, Blickling Hall and Felbrigg Hall, plus East Ruston Gardens and Hoverton Hall, which are a must for gardeners. The Norfolk Broads are also within easy driving distance, where children can enjoy tree-house adventures at ‘Bewilderwood’, or alternatively hire a cruiser and spend the day exploring the waterways. The city of Norwich offers a cathedral, castle, museums, the Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts, various guided tours, excellent shopping and restaurants. Mundesley is an ideal base for exploring the whole of Norfolk.