- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This delightful mid-terrace cottage is situated in the charming North Norfolk village of Northrepps, just a couple of miles from the popular seaside town of Cromer. Dating back to 1800 and beautifully refurbished by the current owners, this Northrepps cottage is located next to the village church and is an ideal retreat for a family holiday. There are three superbly-furnished bedrooms at this cottage near Cromer consisting of two king-size doubles, one with an en-suite shower room and the other with a large wardrobe, and the comfy twin room also has ample wardrobe space. On the ground floor are a well-equipped kitchen, a dining room and a large entrance hall with a writing desk and a cloakroom. The impressive sitting room is split into two parts, both of which face a wonderful central woodburning stove, so no matter what the weather is like outside, you will be guaranteed a warm welcome home to your Norfolk holiday cottage. Outside, is an enclosed rear paved garden where you can sit with a morning cup of coffee and gaze at the historic village church which sits behind your Northrepps cottage. Northrepps is home to a welcoming village pub, whilst the beautiful sandy beach at Overstrand is just over a mile away. A short drive will bring you to the renowned seaside resort towns of Cromer and Sheringham. Cromer is famous for its Cromer crabs, so be sure to indulge yourself, whilst Sheringham is home to the North Norfolk steam railway and a superb selection of local shops, bars and restaurants. Explore the harbours and beaches at Wells and Blakeney or indulge in a spot of birdwatching at the RSPB reserve at Titchwell Marsh. The North Norfolk coast is just waiting to be explored, and you can discover it all from this fabulous Northrepps holiday cottage.
Three bedrooms: 2 x king-size double (one with en-suite shower, basin and WC), 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen. Dining room. Sitting room with double-sided woodburning stove.
Oil central heating with woodburning stove. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with basic Sky, DVD, Blu-ray, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Off road parking for 2 cars. Enclosed paved garden with furniture and BBQ. Two well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 2.5 miles, pub 2 mins walk. Note: Check-in 4pm.
- “Church Cottage, Cromer”
- “A lovely, comfortable and clean cottage. Well equipped and furnished and in a quiet village location with easy access to Cromer and the North Norfolk Coast. Very clean accommodation. Three good sized bedrooms, one of which was en-suite. Large screen TV and a good selection of books and information about the area. Very impressed.”
- “A lovely spacious cottage which is well equipped and in a great location. There are some excellent walks from the cottage ranging from half an hour to a whole day.”
- “Church Cottage is a beautiful place to stay, we had many good walks both from the cottage and locally. The village is a good setting for a holiday and we would highly commend Church Cottage.”
- “The Cottage was really lovely, so spacious and comfortable.”
- “Church Cottage was lovely and so well equipped, the location was very pretty and quiet. The beaches were fantastic and we had lots of visitor attractions nearby.”
- “A fabulous character Cottage in a very quiet and pretty village. The décor and furnishings are done to a high standard and give a wonderful, classy and comfortable feel to the place.”
- “We all felt very much at home which made Church Cottage one of our most enjoyable stays in holiday accommodation. The cottage is on a tiny side road and completely quiet. There is an enclosed garden at the back and at the front of the cottage. The cottage is roomy and comfortable, the kitchen excellently equipped, the bedrooms are nicely furnished and the bathrooms are completely new with all the modern bells and whistles. The pub in the village serves excellent food and is only 4-5 minutes walk. We definitely recommend Church Cottage and if we come back to the UK and the Norfolk area we would stay there again.”
- “A lovely cottage & village, well placed for holidaying in Norfolk. We would definitely book this cottage again.”
- “The cottage was lovely; very spacious and with lots of thoughtful little touches. The property was ideal for a peaceful, relaxing holiday and within walking distance of the beach. It was very well equipped with everything you could wish for.”
- “An excellent holiday property, worthy of its 5 tick rating. A lovely location with access to all major attractions and coastal areas. A real home from home, which we would happily visit again!”
- “An excellent cottage and a great location. It felt like a home from home and was very comfortable.”
- “What can I say? I can only repeat the superlatives which , no doubt, have already been said by previous customers. What makes this property outstanding is the attention to detail which the owner provides. The welcome pack was comprehensive and the rooms were immaculate. A very nice touch was also that the owner learned two of our party were getting married and she sent them a wedding card. Without doubt this is possibly the best holiday cottage we have ever stayed in.”
- “Superb cottage, beautiful location, pretty garden.”
About the location
Overstrand 1.5 miles; Cromer 3 miles; Sheringham 7 miles.
The village of Northrepps lies just three miles south of Cromer near to the north Norfolk coast. Northrepps dates back to the Domesday Book and is home to the 15th century church of Saint Mary. The village also boasts a primary school, a village hall and a popular pub. Overstrand village is just over a mile from Northrepps and sits on the cliff top overlooking a large sandy beach. The popular seaside resort town of Cromer is just three miles from Northrepps and is world famous for Cromer crabs, a true delicacy. A couple of miles further up the coast is the genteel resort of Sheringham which acts as the terminus for the North Norfolk Steam Railway. A little further afield are the popular market towns of Holt and Aylsham, the cathedral city of Norwich and an abundance of wildlife and birdwatching opportunities.