- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Hidden within Norfolk's tranquil rural countryside is the hamlet of Shingham which adjoins the picturesque rural village of Beachamwell.
Just a short walk from the cottage, a nearby footpath leads across fields to Beachamwell village green, home to its friendly traditional village pub serving good food.
This delightful Shingham cottage enjoys a cosy sitting room, a well-equipped fitted kitchen which leads to a separate dining room and a bright conservatory that overlooks its attractive large garden with lawn and shrubs.
Shingham and Beachamwell sit on the edge of Thetford Forest and are perfect for enjoying wonderful relaxing countryside walks or cycling.
The nearby market town of Swaffham offers golfing, a museum, independent and high street shops, tea rooms and a weekly market.
The local area offers many attractions which include Thetford Forest's High Lodge, Grime's Graves Neolithic flint mines, English Heritage Castle Acre Priory, National Trust Oxburgh Hall, the historic maritime town of King's Lynn and the Norfolk coastline, all within easy travelling distance from this Shingham cottage.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over and basin. Separate WC. Fitted kitchen. Dining room. Sitting room with multi-fuel stove. Conservatory.
- Oil central heating with multi-fuel stove in sitting room
- Electric oven and gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, 55" 3D TV with Freeview, 3D Blu-ray player, 2nd TV with DVD, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Lawned garden with patio and furniture
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 5 miles, pub 12 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “keepers cottage”
- “Quiet and pleasantly isolated and just what we were looking for for a peaceful break. Within easy reach of local gowns like Thetford and Swaffham for history and some culture/relaxation.”
- “Good location, well placed for exploring/walking this part of Norfolk.”
- “Party of three plus small dog - the accommodation met all expectations, we eat in using the kitchen facilities very happy with our choice of stay. Would recommend to friends.”
- “Liked many things about this property but the main likes were the fantastic garden and surrounding countryside with lots of wild birds and peace and quiet.”
- “A comfortable cottage in pleasant rural surroundings.”
- “The whole place was lovely and had an excellent garden, especially if you have dogs with you.”
- “The owner of Keepers' Cottage has every right to be proud of it it is a beautiful home and the garden is absolutely superb and of course with neighbours like the people next door it could not have been a more perfect holiday, my party would recommend this property to anyone who is looking for a very quiet holiday away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.”
- “Keeper's Cottage was everything that we were hoping for and more. A lovely location with plenty of easy walks outside the door with an abundance of wildlife to watch including deer, rabbits and plenty of birds. There was easy access to all areas that we wanted to visit and Swaffham was only 10 minutes away. We would recommend this to family and friends - 5 stars all the way.”
- “Cottage exceeded our expectations. Seemed much bigger than in photos on website. Conservatory was lovely, even more so with it's TV/Sky allowing us to sit outside watching wildlife early morning and into the evening. Housekeeper, owner and neighbour all welcoming and helpful. Garden was way above our expectations.”
- “A fantastic place, loved it as did my little boy of 3. The manager was fantastic and so helpful. Thank you.”
- “The area is very secluded. It was peaceful and quiet with many walks near to the cottage. There are many interesting places within a short driving distance, just a great place to stay.”
- “My wife and I ( and our 2 German Shepherd dogs) had a very comfortable stay. The cottage is very well presented with an ample sized fitted kitchen, conservatory and large garden. It’s a lovely rural area, just what we like. The roads were very quiet and perfect for cycling. The horses in the opposite fields are an added bonus. There is a very useful dog walk that goes across the back of those fields into some woods. All in all we had a very enjoyable time and the dogs loved it.”
- “Loved the peaceful area and the conservatory to enjoy the sun - and watching the wildlife in the garden”
- “A wonderful stay in a beautiful area. We had a very relaxing time because of the peace and tranquillity provided by the cottage and the surrounding area. We enjoyed our peaceful evenings and made good use of the superb 3D TV, Sky channels and Internet access. The owner provided comprehensive guidance to the facilities across the area which we found invaluable and our small dog enjoyed exploring in the garden and joining the rabbits and birds who came to visit!”
- “Set in a very quiet area with lovely views to the front and horses in the fields, the cottage was clean and welcoming when we arrived. It was very well equipped with a lovely conservatory, nice clean bed linen and towels and plenty of storage for clothes. The owner had taken a lot of time to put together an information pack which was extremely helpful. Hi-Fi, 3D TV and also use of WiFi.”
About the location
Swaffham 5 miles; Downham Market 10 miles.
Beachamwell is a pretty Norfolk village located on the edge of Thetford Forest with the attractive thatched church of St. Mary, a traditional village pub enjoying views over a large village green and children's playground. Beachamwell is ideally located for those wishing to relax in rural surroundings, where you can enjoy walking and cycling along its quiet footpaths and roads with a wealth of local wildlife. The area has many cycle routes with attractions found nearby which include the Iceni village and museum, NT Oxburgh Hall and Gooderstone Water Gardens. Heading to Thetford you can discover Lynford Arboretum and Lakes, Grime’s Graves and Thetford Warren Lodge. To the north of Beachamwell are Sandringham House, Houghton Hall, Bircham Mill and Snettisham Nature Reserve. The city of Norwich is just a short drive away offering excellent shopping facilities, fine restaurants and a wide assortment of places of interest to visit.