- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Old Buckenham 2.5 miles. A beautifully-renovated old church hall of unique architectural design, in an idyllic location at the end of a quiet lane, in the hamlet of Wilby, next to the church. With a south-facing garden and views over open Norfolk countryside, Rectory Cottage has immense character, with exposed beams, a stone spiral staircase with original carved oak boss, and an open gallery above the sitting room. The property offers high-quality, well-equipped accommodation with attention to detail, and guests have seasonal use of the owners' swimming pool. Wilby is well placed for exploring Norwich and Bury St Edmunds, whilst country pubs, pretty villages and local amenities, including Thetford Forest, the Broads and the coast, are all within an easy drive.
Three bedrooms: 1 x galleried 5' double, 1 x twin, 1 x ground floor twin. Bathroom with bath, basin, WC. Ground floor shower room with walk-in shower, basin, WC. Large open plan living area with fitted kitchen/dining area & sitting area with woodburner. Utility room. Note: Double bedroom is a gallery room, & partly overlooks living area below.
- Oil underfloor heating with woodburner in sitting area
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV, DVD, radio/cassette
- Fuel, power & wood inc. in rent
- Bed linen inc. in rent
- Shared off road parking for 2 cars
- Lawned rear garden with patio area & furniture
- Guests may be able to use the owners' outdoor swimming pool during the summer, purely by arrangement with the owners
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop & pub 2.5 miles
- Note: Spiral staircase with rope banister, may be unsuitable for young children/less mobile
- Ensure children are supervised at all times.
About the location
Kenninghall 4 miles; Banham 4 miles; Attleborough 5 miles.
Old Buckenham is a delightful rural village with its own shopping facilities and a traditional 17th Century pub, The Gamekeeper. Claiming to have the largest village green and widest tower windmill in the country, Old Buckenham is also home to an impressive airfield, which is an ideal place to watch both modern and vintage aircraft. The surrounding villages of New Buckenham, Kenninghall and Banham offer good places to eat, while the zoo at Banham offers a great day out and also holds regular Sunday car boot sales. The local town of Attleborough offers a wide variety of shops, whilst Wymondham and Diss, both about 12 miles away, boast some impressive buildings plus galleries and antique shops.