- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
White House Farm Cottages
These attractive brick and pantile cottages are nestled in a gravelled courtyard of five properties and are situated in a tranquil setting in the village of Wood Norton amidst the Norfolk countryside. Sympathetically converted from former farm buildings, these single-storey cottages are ideally suited for those wishing to explore the glorious North Norfolk coastline and the picturesque, historic nearby market towns of Fakenham and Holt. Each of these cottages offer bright, spacious accommodation, traditionally furnished with modern facilities. Well-equipped and welcoming, they share a large sheltered courtyard and have the benefit of their own private patio where you can relax and unwind. For the younger members of the family, the cottages have a splendid communal play area with swings, slide and a seesaw, a grass tennis court and a table tennis room. The popular Georgian market town of Holt has excellent amenities with a wide choice of interesting independent shops, pubs, tea rooms and restaurants. Be sure to take a trip on the steam train from here which runs to the traditional seaside town of Sheringham, or take a short drive to the coast, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and a haven for birdwatchers and walkers. With miles of sandy beaches and majestic dunes, these cottages are ideally placed for taking boat trips to see the seals or simply visiting the RSPB reserves and coastal paths. Well worth a visit is the historic city of Norwich, with its magnificent cathedral towering above the surrounding medieval streets hosting museums, galleries and excellent shopping facilities. These cottages are well-placed in Norfolk to enjoy a wide variety of attractions.
Sycamore is a delightful single-storey cottage in Wood Norton offering bright and cheerful accommodation. Well equipped and comfortable, the open plan living area has French doors opening on to the communal courtyard and outside play area with swings, slide, seesaw and grass tennis court which will appeal to kids of all ages. Note: This cottage is next to Refs. 24285, 24355, 24356 and 24357, together they sleep 21.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric woodburner-effect stove.
Gas central heating with electric stove. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books and games. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair on request. Ample off road parking. Private patio with furniture and BBQ. Communal central courtyard with shared use of children's play area, grass tennis court and table tennis room. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 2 miles.
- Last minute
- “Spacious and comfortable. Very well equipped. All on one level and uncluttered - making it excellent for those with poor mobility. Helpful, friendly owners. Only downsides - no, or poor, phone signal. However the owners say they intend to install an emergency telephone. Access via small country lanes, but sat nav found it ok.”
- “A lovely, spacious cottage that has a very well equipped kitchen, and plenty of drawers and wardrobes in the bedrooms. The owner was very welcoming and the play park was enjoyed by all the cottage's children. I would thoroughly recommend to any family or group of friends. We would love to return.”
- “A very comfortable and roomy property in a beautiful part of Norfolk, plenty of interesting places to visit.”
- “The cottage was really good, having 2 walk in shower units was excellent - exactly what we needed. Plus the bonus of having an electric gate at the entrance to the site which gave a sense of safety when sleeping with windows open on the ground floor.”
- “It was re-assuring to keep our vehicle behind security gates. The absence of traffic noise made for a very quiet and peaceful holiday, considering also that the property was located on a working farm there was no smell and no noisy farm machinery. The owner kindly arranged for delivery of a daily paper.”
- “Fabulous cottage that was much bigger than expected. Top quality fittings and crockery etc. Wonderful area for exploring with family. There was so much to do - we loved it! It was a very well appointed home from home. We felt very spoilt! Lovely people and we will be back.”
- “In a quiet location, the gated access was a good security bonus. Friendly welcome and a really comfortable and relaxing stay with everything we needed.”
- “A well equipped and very comfortable cottage in a lovely, quiet location.”
About the location
Guist 2 miles; Fakenham 6 miles; Holt 9 miles.
Wood Norton is a small village in rural north Norfolk, close to the market town of Fakenham. Just two miles from Wood Norton is the village of Foulsham which has a local shop and a pub with a restaurant. Fakenham is just six miles away and is home to a national hunt racecourse and has a good selection of shops, bars and restaurants. The popular market town of Holt is close by and is well known for a wonderful array of independent food stores, craft shops, tea rooms and restaurants. Further afield are the seaside villages of Wells and Blakeney as well as the more traditional resorts of Cromer and Sheringham. The cathedral city of Norwich is a wonderful location for a day out, plus there are many National Trust properties in the area just waiting to be discovered.