- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Centrally situated within one of the oldest streets in historic Wymondham, this Grade II listed, period townhouse dates back to the 15th century, and boasts original oak beams throughout.
Well appointed and comfortably furnished, this Wymondham cottage offers open plan living accommodation on the ground floor, and welcoming bedrooms, decorated in a country style, on the first floor.
An electric fire set in a brick fireplace makes this Wymondham cottage feel cosy and homely - the perfect base after a long day exploring.
Outside the cottage, you can marvel at the period properties lining this wonderful street as you make your way to the town where you can enjoy quaint shops, lively pubs and enticing tea rooms, as well as the town's market and the stunning Wymondham Abbey.
A little further afield, and a great day out, the city of Norwich is just 9 miles away and is bustling with a delightful mix of old and new places to visit.
Centrally located, and a perfect place to enjoy the countryside and coastline, this Wymondham cottage is wonderful for all the family.
Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin (zip/link - can be super king-size double on request), 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric fire.
Gas central heating with electric fire in sitting area. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, Blu-ray player, selection of DVDs, books and games, WiFi. All fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot, highchair and stairgate on request. Parking behind cottage in public car park (parking permit provided by owner). Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 3 mins walk. Note: Cottage stairs are steep, and may be unsuitable for the young or infirm. Note: The stairgate is for use at any of the bedroom doorways and not the stairs due to the width at the top.
- Last minute
- “Ideal Location”
- “As we were holidaying with my elderly father-in-law we needed a cottage close to the a towns ammenities and Damgate Cottage fitted the criteria perfectly being just a short stroll from Wymondham High Street. The sitting area is extremely comfortable, well furnished and homely. The kitchen area is well fitted with every appliance you might need indeed much thought has been invested in all areas of the cottage. Although modernied the character of a five hundred year old building has been retained though and you are never in any doubt that that you are residing in living history. Very comfortable beds and plenty of storage space. The owner is close at hand and an absolute top fellow. Quick to address any issues in a friendly and professional manner. Most definitely could and will recommend this cottage to all my friends. Absolutely loved our stay in Damgate Cottage.”
- “very comfortable”
- “owner very welcoming .on arrival.cottage was very comfortable . would recommend staying here lots to see and do in the area . a good base.for seeing area”
- “Comfortable Holiday cottage”
- “We had an enjoyable week in this cosy and comfortable cottage. It is centrally located in the market town of Wymondham, Norfolk, Nigel, the owner was very helpful and friendly and the tea,coffee and milk on arrival were very welcome, the parking permit provided by Nigel , for the nearby car park was a real plus. The cottage is very close to the town centre shops,pubs and cafes and 2 larger supermarkets are just a short drive away. The cottage had everything we needed for our week long break. Wymondham is located close to the A11, it has good rail links to Norwich, Ely and Cambridge. We found it a good base from which to explore ,close to Norwich and therefore close to the main roads that link North and East Norfolk and the Broads.”
- “A historic building which was nice and cosy. Damgate Cottage was well equipped and had good WiFi.”
- “We chose Damgate Cottage because from the pictures on the website it looked to be cosy and comfortable, we were not disappointed. Another plus was its proximity to the town market place, this turned out to be closer even than we anticipated. This was another plus given that we had a member of our party who could not walk great distances. Overall, Damgate Cottage is the best cottage we have stayed in and we would return without hesitation.”
- “A great cottage in a lovely market town. The perfect place to chill out but with plenty to see and do within driving distance.”
About the location
Norwich 9 miles.
The attractive town of Wymondham is ideally situated just 9 miles from Norwich and boasts numerous historic buildings. Wymondham Abbey is one of the finest and most interesting of the historic churches of East Anglia and was built by the chief butler to Henry I as a priory in 1107. The magnificently restored, 19th century railway station features an interesting museum, a fabulous gift shop, scrumptious tea room and a “Brief Encounter” themed restaurant. Peruse the medieval streets to the pretty market square with its cross dating back to 1617, browse the many Tudor shop windows or enjoy fine food at the 15th century Green Dragon Inn. Enjoy the weekly, bustling markets and in the summer months the fine gardens that are available for all to enjoy. The medieval city of Norwich, listed in the top five places to shop in Britain, boasts a wonderful blend of historic buildings and modern architecture and offers a year round programme of festivals and a buzzing nightlife. Plenty to see and do, for all the family.