- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A charming, semi-detached cottage, ideally situated on a quaint lane, at the heart of the historic town of Wymondham, 9 miles from Norwich.
This quality property is stylishly decorated throughout and boasts a wealth of stripped wooden floors, exposed beams and a delightful courtyard with brick-built garden room and water feature.
Wymondham offers some of the finest architecture in Norfolk, including a dominating 12th century abbey, a striking Norman cathedral and cobbled streets littered with Tudor buildings, themed restaurants and welcoming pubs.
In the summer months, the local townsfolk invite visitors to enjoy their gardens as a part of the National Gardens Scheme, while weekly markets held in the quaint square are worth a visit.
The medieval alleys and winding lanes at nearby Norwich are a haven for shoppers looking for an original gift, vintage clothing or fabulous antiques, while an abundance of music, art and beer festivals keep the city alive all year round.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin & WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area & decorative coal-effect fire. Additional garden room with dining area in courtyard.
- Gas central heating
- Gas cooker, microwave, fridge (no ice box), washing machine
- Freezer and tumble dryer in external building, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, telephone for incoming and emergency calls only, WiFi, library of books/games/DVDs
- All fuel & power inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot & highchair on request
- Roadside parking nearby on a first come, first served basis, plus further parking in public, pay and display car park 4 mins walk away
- Courtyard with gravelled area & garden furniture
- Sorry, no pets & no smoking
- Shop & pub 3 mins walk
- Note: Unloading permitted for a short period outside property
- Note: Due to winding staircase the property may not be suitable for the elderly or less mobile.
About the location
Norwich 9 miles.
The attractive town of Wymondham is ideally situated just 9 miles from Norwich and boasts numerous historic buildings. Wymondham Abbey is one of the finest and most interesting of the historic churches of East Anglia and was built by the chief butler to Henry I as a priory in 1107. The magnificently restored, 19th century railway station features an interesting museum, a fabulous gift shop, scrumptious tea room and a “Brief Encounter” themed restaurant. Peruse the medieval streets to the pretty market square with its cross dating back to 1617, browse the many Tudor shop windows or enjoy fine food at the 15th century Green Dragon Inn. Enjoy the weekly, bustling markets and in the summer months the fine gardens that are available for all to enjoy. The medieval city of Norwich, listed in the top five places to shop in Britain, boasts a wonderful blend of historic buildings and modern architecture and offers a year round programme of festivals and a buzzing nightlife. Plenty to see and do, for all the family.
- Last minute