- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
Upper House Farm Cottages
These five luxury stone-built barn conversions, each with its own private hot tub, are situated in an impressive courtyard close to the owner’s 17th century traditional farmhouse, on a 220-acre arable farm in the rural village of Alberbury, 9 miles from Shrewsbury. All five Alberbury cottages have been individually designed to provide completely private rear gardens, each with their own hot tub. All five Alberbury cottages have been renovated to a very high standard providing spacious, open plan, very well-equipped accommodation. They have retained many original features including a wealth of wooden beams and trusses, which have been combined with contemporary fixtures and fitting throughout, producing a welcoming cottage atmosphere in a modern environment. With prior arrangement, the dining space in Ref. 15917 can be arranged to accommodate all 33 people in the group, ideal for that special occasion. These Alberbury cottages provide perfect holiday accommodation for families or groups of friends, as well as offering safe, indoor entertainment for children and the young at heart in Jimmy’s Play Barn which has a pool table, hand football, air hockey, a ball-pit for toddlers and a climbing frame, while the less active can watch the 40” TV and enjoy the drinks machine and free newspapers. These wonderful Alberbury holiday cottages are in an ideal location for walking through the Loton Estate's deer park, up Rodney’s Pillar hill, along Offa's Dyke Path, or visiting Powis Castle or historic Shrewsbury. Discover the Ironbridge Gorge World Heritage Site, the Wroxeter Roman City, delightful Church Stretton and the medieval town of Ludlow, surely one of the UK’s most lovely towns. Any one of these Alberbury holiday cottages would be perfect for a memorable, year-round holiday in one of England’s loveliest counties.
A delightful mid-terraced Alberbury cottage with a private hot tub.
This Charming Alberbury cottage has a luxury open plan living area, as well as character wooden beams, trusses, exposed stone walls, a woodburner and four charming bedrooms, two with en-suite facilities.
A perfect Alberbury cottage for family or friends.
Note: This cottage is next to Refs.
15913, 15914, 15916 and 15917, together they sleep 33.
All ground floor. Four bedrooms with TV: 2 x king-size double (one with en-suite shower, basin and WC), 1 x twin with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen and dining area with two arches leading to sitting area with woodburner. Shared games barn.
- Underfloor central heating from eco-friendly biomass system with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, 5 x TVs with Freeview, Blu-ray, DVD, iPod dock, WiFi
- Shared games barn (wheelchair accessible) with pool table, hand football, air hockey, toddler ball-pit, drinks machine and newspapers
- Shared outdoor play area for younger children with swing, seesaw and climbing frame
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent, extra wood can be purchased from owner
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Private, enclosed courtyard garden with furniture, BBQ and private hot tub
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 4 miles, pub with restaurant 1.3 miles
- Note: There is total privacy around the hot tub, but it is situated close to neighbouring properties.
- “We don't normally do self catering..but saw this converted barn on the internet and decided to visit. Now we are converted!! The accomodation, fittings, furnishings and cleanliness were all to a high standard. A hot tub is a luxurious feature and was well maintained and added an element of relaxation. Superbly located with access into Wales and the Shropshire villages this is an idyllic spot. Rob, Betty Lou and Julie take an interest in you but without being intrusive...their aim is for you to arrive as strangers but leave as friends.”
- “Luxurious Barn”
- “An amazing cluster of barns converted to the highest standard. We had 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, a well equipped kitchen and lots of living space. A private garden with large hot tub and patio with furniture. There are 6 conversions of varying sizes to accommodate different numbers. The children had 2 play barns to amuse themselves in and an open green space to run around. Alberbury is a small village close to the Welsh border in lovely countryside. Welshpool and Shrewsbury are a short car journey away. Our hosts were friendly and welcoming. I would highly recommend the barns for a lovely relaxing holiday with or without children.”
- “Didn't think you can improve perfection, but they have :-)”
- “This is our second stay at the Upper House Farm Cottages and we are already booked to go back for a third time. When we visited last year we were blown away with the facilities, quality of accommodation and the warmth of welcome we received. Our return visit this month was all of the above and more! in addition to all the advertised facilities there is now a wonderful indoor sports/play barn which is great from toddler age to a 100! Where can you go away in the uk and have a playground your children can use in all weathers? All our children made use of this and the existing play barn too. We also made use and were very grateful for the new honesty shop and the quality of local produce is exceptional! as well as enjoying during our visit we brought some home too. Thank you to the owners for not only having this winning accommodation but striving to improve on perfection. Look forward to our return visit.”
- “Absolutely perfect. Highly recommended.”
- “We are a group of 7 - Mum, Dad a two year old and the two sets of Grandparents. We wanted a nice relaxing holiday, a hot tub, something to entertain the little one and ideally a local pub. Upon arrival we were made to feel extremely welcome by Robert. Our 4 bedroom accommodation was really impressive. All the furniture is a lovely matching oak, and real time and effort has gone in to making the rooms look inviting, modern and cosy. I really felt that no expense was spared and no detail too small. The outdoor space is safe for young children. The is a fenced off patio with a hot tub (which we made very good use of!) and also a grassy area which is accessed by a gate, with a small fish pond. There is a play barn with entertainment for children of all ages, and a larger play room is currently being constructed, which will be a great addition when finished. Julie was always on hand to advise us on local events, and very helpful and chatty. We saw the red arrows heading to an air show, and a racing event at Loton Manor. We also visited the lovely town on of Shrewsbury. Upper House Farm as a development of barn conversions has been done to a very high standard, and i really felt it was great value for money. The only downside for me is that while the pub is only 1.3 miles away, it is down a road with out footpaths and we didn't feel it was safe to walk there with the buggy. All in all 10 out of 10. We even got amazing weather, but i can't promise that if you visit :-)”
- “Perfect accommodation with friendly owners, and in a beautiful area with interesting places to visit.”
- “We were very happy with the cottage and would go back again. The owners were very helpful and welcoming .”
- “The accommodation was beautiful; spacious, clean, and with everything you needed. We found the location very quiet and peaceful and the owners friendly and approachable without being intrusive.”
- “Excellent facilities for the whole family.”
- “The location is wonderful, as was the welcome. It is close enough to the shops for anything you may need but also far enough away to be in the countryside. The views across open fields whilst relaxing in the hot tub will remain with me. The quality of the accommodation is second to none, no expense seems to have been spared on the fixtures and fittings. It is also spacious enough not to all be on top of one another on the rare occasion when everybody is there and not playing in one of the two play barns where all of the games are free to play. This is definitely somewhere I will be returning to and is superb value for money.”
- “Everything was perfect, couldn't name just one thing, the whole holiday was exceptional. The hosts were always there to help. The place was immaculate and gorgeously decorated. Facilities like the hot tub and play barn were fantastic. Will be going back 100%.”
- “Beautiful property. Very high standard of finish. Large area outside with patio furniture and BBQ. Huge clean hot tub. Very friendly and helpful owner and staff. Excellent facilities for the kids. We will definitely come back here.”
- “I thought the property was about the best we have stayed in. It was modern clean and everything was easy accessible. The owners are very friendly and helpful.”
- “We wanted a relaxing family holiday and that is exactly what we got. The barn conversion was excellent and very comfortable in peaceful surroundings. Everything we needed was there for us. Even a games room for adults and children.The owners and their team were very helpful.”
- “A perfect place to stay. Wonderful for 2 small children who had plenty of space inside and enjoyed the play barn - so did the adults! The owners are lovely, they greeted us and said goodbye when we left. Lovely outside space for the summer. Good location for exploring the area, not too far from Shrewsbury and Wales not far away. Highly recommended.”
About the location
Shrewsbury 9 miles; Powis Castle 10 miles.
Alberbury is a small rural village in lovely countryside, 4 miles from the Offa's Dyke Pathway, 9 miles from historic Shrewsbury. Shrewsbury lies within a giant loop of the River Severn, and has been called England's finest Tudor town, with its timber framed, black and white buildings, as well as the ancient 'shuts' or passageways which connect them. There is a superb selection of shops, along with cafes, bars, restaurants and pubs. Visit Shrewsbury Abbey, home to the fictional Brother Cadfael or Shrewsbury Castle, an impressive sandstone building in beautiful gardens and grounds, housing the Shropshire Regimental Museum. Visit NT's stately Attingham Park and mansion, Powis and Chirk castles with their lovely gardens, Wroxeter Roman City, the museums at Ironbridge World Heritage Site, the castle and Michelin starred restaurants of Ludlow, enjoy golf on the 9 hole course, paintball or quad biking, only a short drive away, or visit Acton Scott Working Farm, as featured in the “Victorian Farm” TV series.