- Hot tub
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
Upper House Farm Cottages
These five luxury stone-built barn conversions, each with its own private hot tub, are situated in an impressive courtyard close to the owner’s 17th century traditional farmhouse, on a 220-acre arable farm in the rural village of Alberbury, 9 miles from Shrewsbury. All five Alberbury cottages have been individually designed to provide completely private rear gardens, each with their own hot tub. All five Alberbury cottages have been renovated to a very high standard providing spacious, open plan, very well-equipped accommodation. They have retained many original features including a wealth of wooden beams and trusses, which have been combined with contemporary fixtures and fitting throughout, producing a welcoming cottage atmosphere in a modern environment. With prior arrangement, the dining space in Ref. 15917 can be arranged to accommodate all 33 people in the group, ideal for that special occasion. These Alberbury cottages provide perfect holiday accommodation for families or groups of friends, as well as offering safe, indoor entertainment for children and the young at heart in Jimmy’s Play Barn which has a pool table, hand football, air hockey, a ball-pit for toddlers and a climbing frame, while the less active can watch the 40” TV and enjoy the drinks machine and free newspapers. These wonderful Alberbury holiday cottages are in an ideal location for walking through the Loton Estate's deer park, up Rodney’s Pillar hill, along Offa's Dyke Path, or visiting Powis Castle or historic Shrewsbury. Discover the Ironbridge Gorge World Heritage Site, the Wroxeter Roman City, delightful Church Stretton and the medieval town of Ludlow, surely one of the UK’s most lovely towns. Any one of these Alberbury holiday cottages would be perfect for a memorable, year-round holiday in one of England’s loveliest counties.
A lovely end-terraced Alberbury cottage with private hot tub, offering open plan luxury accommodation including original wooden beams and trusses, a woodburner and delightful bedroom with en-suite wet room. A perfect Alberbury cottage for a romantic break. Note: This cottage is next to Refs. 15914, 15915, 15916 and 15917, together they sleep 33.
All ground floor. One king-size double with TV and en-suite walk-in shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner. Shared games barn.
- Underfloor central heating from eco-friendly biomass system with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, Blu-ray, DVD, iPod dock, WiFi
- Shared games barn (wheelchair accessible) with pool table, hand football, air hockey, toddler ball-pit, drinks machine and newspapers
- Shared outdoor play area for younger children with swing, seesaw and climbing frame
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent, extra wood can be purchased from owner
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Private, enclosed landscaped courtyard garden with furniture, BBQ and private hot tub
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 4 miles, pub with restaurant 1.3 miles
- Note: Infants up to 1 year only
- Note: There is total privacy around the hot tub, but it is situated close to neighbouring properties.
Note: Until Friday 23rd October 2015, this property will operate on a Saturday changeover day. From Friday 23rd October 2015, this property will operate on a Friday changeover day.
- “Excellent and relaxing stay”
- “Everything that we needed was provided within the accommodation. It was well equipped and furnished to a high standard. The atmosphere was very relaxing. The owners were friendly and welcoming - they were always available if needed but were not in any way intrusive. They kindly showed us around the other accommodation, which was all completed to the same high quality as the cart shed. The hot tub and games barn were particularly good features. I look forward to returning when the badminton court has been completed. The location is good for access to Shrewsbury, Chester and Wales - it is ideal for day trips out.”
- “Relaxing Stay in fantastic accommodation”
- “We booked this the day before, travelling across country to find an attractive court yard setting on a small working farm. The owner, Robert, met us on arrival and showed us around the cottage. It really is well presented, a fully stocked and modern kitchen, spacious living area with comfortable reclining chairs, a wood burner, a big bedroom with a comfortable bed and walk in shower room. The garden is private and not overlooked, with a fantastic and easy to use hot tub. Another highlight is the underfloor heating throughout. The play barn, set near to the entrance of the cottages, is again modern and is a great idea, with a pool table, childrens play area, retro games machine with a lot of old Atari classics, an Air Hockey table and table top football, along with a stocked shelf of DVD's. All of this is free to use at any time of day! The local area has many pubs and restaurants, but it would be worth speaking to the owner before heading out as he has a good knowledge of the local area and owns property all around, but the tips we had paid off with great food. On leaving we were shown around the bigger cottages and all I can say is, 'Wow', the whole set up must have cost a fortune but the time and effort has paid off. We have spoken to many friends about returning here as a group and I would certainly recommend it to anyone wanting a comfortable, reasonably priced stay in cracking accommodation.”
- “The position of the cottage was perfect, the overall standard was very high. The owners were very friendly and everything you could possibly need was catered for. The countryside is beautiful and very peaceful, the cottage was very comfortable and the garden was a pleasure to spend time in.”
- “In a quiet and peaceful location and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. The play barn is an added bonus especially if you're into pool or air hockey. Also, having your own private hot tub is lovely, after long walks it is nice to come back and relax in it. We really loved staying here and would definitely visit again.”
- “This cottage was excellent and even better than our expectations. The people were friendly and very helpful and made our stay even better. The position of the cottage could not be faulted and our every wish and need was thought of. I would highly recommend these cottages to anyone.”
- “Loved everything about it, from the accommodation to the Hot tub. We couldn't have asked for more and the owners and staff was lovely.”
- “Liked the privacy of the garden and hot tub. Very modern and clean inside with good quality furniture.”
- “The property was a wonderful place to stay, very peaceful and tranquil. Made to feel very welcome by the owner and shown round on arrival. Property was a great place made even better by the hot tub in the garden which was used a lot during our stay. Will be wanting to go back again in the future. Lots of things to do and see in the area too. Will be recommending to friends and family.”
- “Had a fab break, it was relaxing and just what both myself and my husband needed. We celebrated our wedding anniversary whilst away! It was clean, modern and had everything we needed and more. The hot tub was very relaxing and I certainly made good use of it!”
- “The accommodation was of a high standard and refurbished to a lovely finish. The hot tub was a lovely factor - we had a fantastic time on this holiday.”
- “The owners/managers of the properties were always more than happy to help. The cottage was cosy and the hot tub was a dream. Perfect holiday.”
- “Everything that we needed was provided within the accommodation. The atmosphere was very relaxing. The owners were friendly and welcoming. The hot tub and games barn were particularly good features.”
- “Fantastic barn conversions, done to a very high standard and exceptionally well presented. The Cart House was perfect for just the 2 of us, and the hot tub was the perfect added extra to the barn. Great hosts, with great local knowledge. The farm also has a great Play Barn too with pool table, table football, air hockey, retro arcade games and plenty of DVDs - a great addition. Overall a fantastic place to stay and relax”
- “Beautiful cottage complex - all finished to a high standard and excellently maintained. Welcoming and incredibly helpful owners and staff. Cannot recommend highly enough and we will definitely return.”
About the location
Shrewsbury 9 miles; Powis Castle 10 miles.
Alberbury is a small rural village in lovely countryside, 4 miles from the Offa's Dyke Pathway, 9 miles from historic Shrewsbury. Shrewsbury lies within a giant loop of the River Severn, and has been called England's finest Tudor town, with its timber framed, black and white buildings, as well as the ancient 'shuts' or passageways which connect them. There is a superb selection of shops, along with cafes, bars, restaurants and pubs. Visit Shrewsbury Abbey, home to the fictional Brother Cadfael or Shrewsbury Castle, an impressive sandstone building in beautiful gardens and grounds, housing the Shropshire Regimental Museum. Visit NT's stately Attingham Park and mansion, Powis and Chirk castles with their lovely gardens, Wroxeter Roman City, the museums at Ironbridge World Heritage Site, the castle and Michelin starred restaurants of Ludlow, enjoy golf on the 9 hole course, paintball or quad biking, only a short drive away, or visit Acton Scott Working Farm, as featured in the “Victorian Farm” TV series.