- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
The Gallery Apartment offers first floor accommodation in the east wing of the magnificent Loton Park mansion house, which stands in a 3000-acre estate, the ancestral home of the Leighton family. Offering traditional accommodation with a large assortment of antique furniture, historic paintings and art works, this is a welcoming Shrewsbury self-catering apartment, and offers the rare opportunity to enjoy life on an historic country estate which is renowned for its deer park. Enjoy walks up Rodney's Pillar or along Offa's Dyke Path, visit Powis Castle and gardens, the historic town of Shrewsbury, the Ironbridge World Heritage Site and much more. This is a Shrewsbury self-catering apartment offering traditional, comfortable accommodation, in a very historic and special location. Note: This property can be booked with Ref. 911960, together they sleep 15.
All first floor. Three bedrooms: 2 x doubles, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Separate shower room with shower cubicle. Fitted kitchen with breakfast table. Sitting room with dining area.
- Wall-mounted electric heaters
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer, TV, DVD
- All power inc. in rent
- Bed linen inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair and stairgate
- Free entry to on-site hill climb events
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Private lawned area with fountain and furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 4 miles
- Pub 1.1 miles
- NOTE: Unsuitable for elderly or infirm, accommodation is reached via 10 external steps to front door then 30 internal steps from entrance hall to living area.
- “Fantastic Location”
- “We stayed at the gallery apartment for a week in september this year, upon driving up the long drive to the magnifient house we were greeted by Lady Leighton who could not have made us us feel more welcome. The apartment was huge and full of character. The estate borders Wales so there is easy access to Snowdonia etc all with 50 mile radius or so. If you want a peacefull break somewhere with real character & history this is definately the place.”
- “A memory that all of us hold dear in our hearts.”
- “We wanted to plan something special for our family who were travelling from america and we could not have been more pleased. The accommodation was very spacious, warm, homely and perfect for our family reunion. The grounds and setting was breathtaking, peaceful and so relaxing. The location was perfect for touring beautiful places in the surrounding area. Our Hosts were amazing they answered any need we had and opened up their home to us for a tour and history of the family home and grounds and the local history as well. Sir and Lady Leighton were gracious, kind and very welcoming hosts, we are very grateful to them. Our family still talk about our stay and would enjoy future family reunions there. I would happily and confidently recommend the Gallery apartment to anyone who would like to enjoy a very special experience.”
- “Great for groups”
- “Lovely large rooms, rural location, great for groups of friends getting away from the town.”
- “Mansion holiday”
- “It's not often you get the chance to stay in a country mansion and whilst we were only on a short break it was great to stay somewhere with fantastic character. A bonus was free entry to the car rally in the grounds which were not expecting. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience.”
- “It felt like you had stepped back in time quite grand.”
- “The apartment was spacious and very comfortable you felt like you were guests rather than visitors, you could walk around the large grounds surrounded by trees and wildlife. It was very quite and the village was very nice. The only fault it was not within comfortable walking distance of shops or pubs.”
- “We had a lovely family gathering last weekend. Peaceful, with great space, the most beautiful trees, and possibly the most comfortably bed and duvet I've ever slept in. It is the perfect place to retreat, celebrate, reflect and anything else you need to do. Thank goodness this space still exists.”
About the location
Shrewsbury 9 miles; Powis Castle 10 miles.
Loton Park is the 3000 acre ancestral home of the Leighton family, and was mentioned in the Domesday Book. The magnificent Grade II listed mansion is surrounded by lovely gardens and views over rolling farmland, and is home to a renowned deer park and the annual British Hill Climb Championship. The small rural village of Alberbury borders the estate and boasts a village pub, and is only 4 miles from the Offa's Dyke Pathway and 9 miles from historic Shrewsbury. Shrewsbury has been called England's finest Tudor town, with its timber framed, black and white buildings, as well as the ancient 'shuts' or passageways which connect them. There is a superb selection of shops, along with cafes, bars, restaurants and pubs. Visit Shrewsbury Abbey, Shrewsbury Castle, the NT's stately Attingham Park and Mansion or Powis and Chirk castles with their lovely gardens. Explore Wroxeter Roman City, the museums at Ironbridge World Heritage Site, or the castle and Michelin starred restaurants of Ludlow. Enjoy golf on the 9 hole course, paintball or quad biking, only a short drive away, or visit Acton Scott Working Farm, as featured in the "Victorian Farm" TV series.