- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
Blaenau Ffestiniog 0.9 miles.
A delightful stone-built, semi-detached cottage, in an elevated hillside location above the historic mining town of Blaenau Ffestiniog.
Furnished with style and character, this Blaenau Ffestiniog cottage provides cosy, well-equipped accommodation in a superb countryside location with far-reaching views.
This Blaenau Ffestiniog cottage includes a fully-fitted modern kitchen with breakfast counter, a warm sitting room with woodburning stove set in an old stone inglenook fireplace, and an intimate dining area where you can sit and unwind after a day walking in the surrounding mountains.
Outside, a steeply-terraced rear garden offers views over the rooftops, as well as a relaxing seating area, perfect to enjoy a glass of wine in the evening.
The famous Ffestiniog to Porthmadog Steam Railway starts its journey less than a mile away, whilst the coastal town of Harlech is reached in just 30 minutes.
With Snowdonia on the doorstep, and Anglesey and the Llyn Peninsula easily reached, this is a perfect Blaenau Ffestiniog cottage for a family break or group of friends to enjoy, whatever the time of year.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with breakfast bar. Sitting room with dining area and woodburning stove.
- Central heating and hot water from woodburning stove and immersion heater
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD
- Fuel, power and fuel for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair and stairgate on request
- Off road parking for 1 car on a first come, first served basis
- Storage shed for bikes
- Small lawned terraced garden with patio, furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pubs 14 mins walk
- Note: Steps in garden should be accessed with due care and attention
- Note: Low door into kitchen and twin bedroom
- Note: Steep staircase and step on landing outside twin bedroom.
About the location
Porthmadog 11 miles.
The fascinating old slate town of Blaenau Ffestiniog is situated in a superb position for exploring the Snowdonia National Park. There is a good selection of shops, pubs and places to eat. The main local attractions include the slate mines - where visitors can take enthralling underground trips to see mining as it was done in days gone by - and the famous narrow gauge Ffestiniog mountain railway which runs for 13 miles through the Snowdonia National Park to the harbour town of Porthmadog. Nearby is Portmeirion village, famous for its architecture and the film set of the cult TV series The Prisoner, plus local beaches, suitable for children, are within easy driving distance.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute