- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A charming 18th century stone-built cottage, tucked away off the main street in the delightful village of Betws-y-Coed.
This semi-detached property has a wealth of exposed beams, a large inglenook fireplace with woodburner, a modern kitchen and cosy bedrooms.
The pretty terraced garden is perfect for dining alfresco after enjoying an exciting day in the beautiful surrounding countryside.
Discover the famous Pont-y-Pair bridge, spanning the surging waters of the picturesque River Llugwy, just a stone's throw from the property, or enjoy excellent walking, mountaineering, mountain biking, or canoeing amidst the stunning mountain range that surrounds the area, together with an excellent variety of shops and pubs just a few moments' walk away.
Mostly ground floor. Three bedrooms: 2 x doubles, 1 x single with 2nd pull-out bed (for children aged 10 & under). Bathroom with bath with shower over, basin & WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Living room with beams & woodburner. Note: Access to the property is via approx. 6 ascending steps & inside, the bedrooms & bathroom are accessed down approx. 4 steps.
- Gas central heating with woodburner in living room
- Electric oven & hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, flat screen TV, DVD etc., WiFi
- Fuel, power & starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot
- 10 mins unloading outside cottage then roadside parking throughout village during rest of stay
- Enclosed terraced garden with sitting areas, furniture & BBQ
- Sorry, no smoking or pets
- Excellent shops, cafe, pubs & restaurants 2 mins walk
- Note: Due to steps accessing property, inside property & approx
- 20 steps in terraced garden, property may not be suitable for less mobile
- Note: Bwthyn-y-Pair is located behind the owner's adjoining cafe
- Note: This owner requires a refundable Good Housekeeping Bond of £50
- Note: This property is suitable for a max. of 5 adults.
- “Lovely cottage. Fantastic location.”
- “An excellent place to stay in Betws-y-Coed. A really well-equipped, comfortable cottage. Great for all the family (we were a party of three adults and two young boys) with loads to do in the surrounding areas. Betws-y-Coed is beautiful in itself, but close to lots of other attractions. The owners run the café beneath the cottage (the café is also recommended), which means they're nearby for any enquiries, etc. Hard to pick any fault with the cottage (or the location). There are several steps, quite narrow, leading to the place. Absolutely fine for all of our party (ages 3 to 64), but wouldn't suit those who needed wheelchair access. Very highly recommended. I'd go again in a heartbeat.”
- “gorgeous hideaway!!!”
- “smashing cottage ,well presented,woodburner after walking bliss!”
- “just exellent !!”
- “Thank you very much we enjoyed it. Beautyfull walking conditions. We are comming back again !!”
- “We had a lovely stay here, the cottage was beautifull and the open fire was amazing. Really great location to pop out to a few pubs and good to get to Snowden. I would definatley reccommend staying here, the rooms were lovely, full of character and very clean.”
- “Lovely cottage, great location”
- “This cottage is located in a good position on the main street, just a couple of doors up from the Pont Y Pair Hotel, where good meals are available at a reasonable price. Free street parking is available 200 metres up the road. The cottage has good amenities. The only problem was some difficulty with the central heating for the really cold nights.”
- “Great central location”
- “Really nice cottage that was warm and comfortable. A very spacious accomodation which had everything one could need.”
- “Brilliant stay in Betws y coed”
- “Really beautiful cottage ideal location for pubs and resturants and close enough to Snowdonia to make the daily drive comfortable. Not sutible for the disabled because of all the steps outside and within the cottage. Parking was availible about 200 yards up the road and over the weeks stay we didnt struggle to get parked.”
- “short break”
- “Lovely place and cottage ,but no parking facilities outside the cottage was a pain”
- “The Cottage was rich in history yet had all of the necessary modern amenities. It is ideally located and is surrounded by the most beautiful countryside. The proprietor could not have been more welcoming or helpful. It was the ideal vacation.”
- “Really enjoyed our stay here. Was a beautiful place in a beautiful location.”
- “The cottage was in great location in the center of the village. Accommodation was very comfortable and clean and the kitchen was very well equipped and big.”
- “A very nice cottage, laid out well and ideal for our needs as a family of 5. The location is beautiful with plenty to keep the family entertained.”
About the location
Llanrwst 4 miles; Blaenau Ffestiniog 11 miles.
Betws-y-Coed, known as the Gateway to Snowdonia, is North Wales' most popular inland resort. Surrounded by dense woodland and magnificent mountain country, this is a haven for walkers and outdoor enthusiasts alike. At Betws-y-Coed the River Conwy meets its three tributaries flowing from the west, and the beauty of the area is enhanced by cascading waterfalls, river pools and ancient bridges. Most famous of all are the magnificent Swallow Falls, situated where the Llugwy River hurls itself into a spectacular chasm. The village has shops, pubs, places to eat, miniature railway, a riverside golf course and the Tree Top Adventure High Ropes Course, and is home to The Snowdonia National Park Visitor Centre, as well as being the start of the beautiful Conwy Valley which leads to the coast and the lovely towns of Llandudno and Conwy.