“The cottage and location was ...”The cottage and location was perfect for our time away. The owner was extremely helpful and friendly. The welcome hamper was gratefully received and a lovely gesture. We would definitely book again
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
- Broadband / WiFi
Betws-y-Coed 1 mile.
This charming, stone-built, detached cottage is located in a picturesque valley along the banks of the River Conwy, one mile from Betws-y-Coed, in the Snowdonia National Park.
Dating back to the 1820s, this character cottage displays many original features, including slab stone flooring, a feature original cast iron cooking range and bread oven, lead light windows, and exposed oak beams in the bedrooms.
The farmhouse-style kitchen offers all you will need for an enjoyable holiday, with a delightful social dining room with backlit inglenook range, and stylish oak furniture.
The sitting room is warmed by an inviting woodburner, and the three upstairs bedrooms benefit from galleried ceilings and character features, including an original fireplace and exposed beams, as well as woodland views.
This Betws-y-Coed cottage has a pretty, gravel garden area with furniture, where you can sit long into the evening enjoying the woodland delights that surround you, or dine alfresco on a sunny afternoon.
Close by are wonderful scenic riverside walks, whilst challenging cycling trails can be found in Blaenau Ffestiniog, ten miles away.
There are numerous rocky crags that climbers can enjoy, and the village of Betws-y-Coed can be reached within a twenty-minute walk.
A charming Betws-y-Coed cottage in a lovely valley location, perfect for an outdoor pursuit holiday, family break or even a romantic getaway.
Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Basin and WC. Kitchen. Dining room. Sitting room with woodburner.
- LPG central heating with woodburner
- Double electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Sky, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Highchair and stairgate
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Bike storage
- Gravel garden with furniture and BBQ
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 1 mile, pub 10 mins walk
- Note: Due to the age of the property there are low doors, steep stairs and a small landing, not suitable for elderly guests
- Note: The cottage is elevated above the main road with a fenced drop, children to be supervised and some road noise may be heard
- Note: Restricted view from driveway, care should be taken when leaving
- Note: Check-in 4pm, check-out 11am.
About the location
Llanrwst 4 miles; Blaenau Ffestiniog 11 miles.
Betws-y-Coed, known as the Gateway to Snowdonia, is North Wales' most popular inland resort. Surrounded by dense woodland and magnificent mountain country, this is a haven for walkers and outdoor enthusiasts alike. At Betws-y-Coed the River Conwy meets its three tributaries flowing from the west, and the beauty of the area is enhanced by cascading waterfalls, river pools and ancient bridges. Most famous of all are the magnificent Swallow Falls, situated where the Llugwy River hurls itself into a spectacular chasm. The village has shops, pubs, places to eat, miniature railway, a riverside golf course and the Tree Top Adventure High Ropes Course, and is home to The Snowdonia National Park Visitor Centre, as well as being the start of the beautiful Conwy Valley which leads to the coast and the lovely towns of Llandudno and Conwy.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute