- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This stone-built, semi-detached cottage is situated close to the centre of the former quarry town of Blaenau Ffestiniog.
Dating back to 1860, and retaining much of its original character, this Blaenau Ffestiniog cottage provides a wonderful base for any family or group of friends looking to explore the area.
Set over three floors, this traditional cottage in Blaenau Ffestiniog has three comfortable bedrooms, including a king-size double on a mezzanine second floor plus two first floor twins and there are also two bathrooms which offer convenience for guests.
The open plan living area has been comfortably furnished and boasts a well-equipped kitchen with breakfast island and cooker set in a slate worktop.
Outside your cottage in Blaenau Ffestiniog you will find an enclosed, terraced garden with furniture, an ideal spot for enjoying the sun.
Local shops, restaurants and pubs are within a five minute walk from the doorstep, and there is fantastic access to Snowdonia which offers wonderful walking opportunities and mountain bike tracks to explore.
The well-known Ffestiniog Railway is close by and will be loved by all, and many beautiful beaches and seaside towns can be reached within easy driving distance.
This Blaenau Ffestiniog cottage is an ideal base for enjoying the delights that the surrounding area has to offer.
Over three floors. Three bedrooms: 1 x mezzanine second floor eaves king-size double, 2 x twin. Bathroom with bath, hand-held shower and basin. Separate WC. Ground floor bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and living area. Snug.
Gas central heating. Electric oven and gas hob, fridge, freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with basic Sky, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot, highchair and stairgate on request. Roadside parking outside cottage on a first come, first served basis. Bike storage. Enclosed patio garden with furniture. Sorry, no pets and smoking. Shops, pubs and restaurants 5 mins walk. Note: This property is accessed via external steps and may be unsuitable for the elderly or infirm. Note: Garden is terraced and children should be supervised.
- “great cottage for a family holiday”
- “We had a great stay here. the cottage is comfortable and well equipped. The location was perfect for exploring the local area and near wonderful walking and Welsh castles. after a tiring day it was great to be able to come back and have a comfy place to relax.”
- “The cottage was really comfortable and well equipped. The location was perfect and we enjoyed seeing the local sights.”
- “We very much enjoyed our short break in this lovely, well located, house. We found the house spacious, comfortable and well equipped. It was nice being able to walk down to the station for a ride on the Ffestiniog Railway too!”
- “The property was absolutely gorgeous and in a prime location to be able to visit the sights in the area. I would recommend this property to everybody as it was perfect.”
- “We spent 6 nights here over New Year and had a lovely time. The cottage was perfect for us, provided lots of room and was comfortable and warm throughout. It's in an ideal spot and ideal as a base to enjoy exploring Snowdonia. For what we paid, it represented excellent value for money and we would highly recommend to others.”
About the location
Porthmadog 11 miles.
The fascinating old slate town of Blaenau Ffestiniog is situated in a superb position for exploring the Snowdonia National Park. There is a good selection of shops, pubs and places to eat. The main local attractions include the slate mines - where visitors can take enthralling underground trips to see mining as it was done in days gone by - and the famous narrow gauge Ffestiniog mountain railway which runs for 13 miles through the Snowdonia National Park to the harbour town of Porthmadog. Nearby is Portmeirion village, famous for its architecture and the film set of the cult TV series The Prisoner, plus local beaches, suitable for children, are within easy driving distance.