- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Ratlinghope 2 miles. This delightful semi-detached cottage is in a fantastic, elevated position on the Minsterley Range within the Stiperstones National Nature Reserve. Nestled between the famous Stiperstones and Long Mynd, this Shropshire cottage is located 2 miles from the village of Ratlinghope in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. This Ratlinghope cottage offers high quality, contemporary accommodation, which is welcoming and light and airy due to the open plan living area and large windows. On rainy days, why not stay warm and cosy thanks to the Clearview woodburner and the home cinema system? This unique rural location boasts uninterrupted views of the Stiperstones, which are less than half a mile away, and provide many wonderful walks right from the door. You can relax, sitting out on the decking, and watch the buzzards and house martins flying over the surrounding hills, whilst having breakfast or a pre-dinner drink. The Bridges Country Pub is only 1.4 miles away from this Shropshire cottage and is renowned for local real ales and quality food. The amenities of Church Stretton, known as Little Switzerland, Bishop's Castle, medieval Ludlow and Shrewsbury are all less than a 30 minute drive from this Ratlinghope cottage, as well as many of Shropshire's numerous attractions. This excellent Shropshire cottage is perfect for an exciting hill-walking or birdwatching holiday, or a quiet romantic break, at any time of year.
Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin (zip/link, can be super king-size double on request). Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, pantry, dining area and spacious sitting area with woodburner.
- Electric central heating on first floor with woodburner in living area
- Cooking range with gas double oven, 5 ring gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer inc. ice and chilled water dispenser, washing machine, dishwasher
- TV with FreeSat, DVD, Home Cinema System with 6'x4' drop-down projector screen and surround sound, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars (one under carport)
- Enclosed front gravelled garden with decking, garden furniture, BBQ and spectacular hill views
- One well-behaved pet welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2 miles
- Pub 1.4 miles
- Note: Limited mobile reception
- Note: The track to the property is quite bumpy, please drive slowly when approaching/leaving the property.
- Last minute
About the location
Church Stretton 6 miles.
The rural village of Ratlinghope is scattered around a valley in the hills of the Long Mynd and Stiperstones, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. It lies alongside the Darnford Brook, which originates at Wildmoor Pool in the hills above. This wonderfully scenic area provides beautiful walks and bike trails through the surrounding rolling hills, and the renowned Castle Ring, the earthwork of Ratlinghope Hill, is the fort described by Mary Webb in her novel "Golden Arrow". Only 6 miles away is the pretty town of Church Stretton often described as "Little Switzerland". The town is home to a variety of tea rooms, pubs and specialist shops. Other local attractions include walks on the Long Mynd, the Acton Scott Historic Working Farm and Stokesay Castle. The medieval towns of Shrewsbury, Ludlow, Ironbridge, Much Wenlock and Bishops Castle are only a short drive away. This whole area is renowned for its beautiful hill scenery and wonderful walking.