- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful, detached cottage, situated on the outskirts of the popular seaside resort of Abersoch, on the Llyn Peninsula in North Wales.
Located just a 10-minute walk from the village centre and the beautiful sandy Blue Flag beaches that scatter this coastline, this Abersoch cottage has been tastefully decorated with quality furnishings throughout, mixing with the original character that has been retained in the house with its oak beams, galleried living area and cosy woodburner.
Originally a mill and in 1854, the birthplace of Bishop John Owen of St David's, this Abersoch cottage is on split levels and has a superb vista from the large first floor sitting and dining room and the first floor balcony, where you can enjoy the panoramic views over the 14th hole of the Abersoch golf course and across to Cardigan Bay.
There are five bedrooms at this Abersoch cottage set over three floors which offer variety and flexibility with the sleeping arrangements.
Outside this Abersoch cottage is a fully-enclosed garden, making it ideal for the whole family, as the children can play safely whilst you relax with a cooling drink.
The surrounding coastline is renowned for its watersports and safe bathing, plus Abersoch has a wide array of local activities, including the golf club which is literally on the doorstep.
So whatever you decide to do, this is a superb Abersoch cottage for a large family or group of friends to enjoy together, whatever the time of year.
Over three floors. Five bedrooms: 1 x ground floor double, 1 x ground floor children's bunks, 1 x lower ground floor double with basin leading to 1 x lower ground floor king-size double with basin, 1 x first floor twin (with low sloping ceiling and steep narrow stairs). Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin, bidet and WC. Lower ground floor WC. Lower ground floor utility with shower cubicle. First floor fitted kitchen. First floor sitting room (seats 8) with dining area, woodburner and patio doors to balcony.
- Oil central heating with woodburner in sitting room
- Gas range with triple oven and 8 ring hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer in utility, dishwasher, TV with Sky+ and Sky Sports, DVD/video, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 6 cars/boats
- Covered area for bike/boat storage
- Enclosed balcony with furniture and chiminea
- Lawned garden with patio, furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop, pub and marina 10 mins walk
- Note: First floor bedroom has low sloping ceiling and steep narrow stairs
- Note: This cottage sleeps a maximum of 8 adults and 2 children
- Note: Lower ground floor bedrooms are linked and lead to hallway with WC and utility/shower room
- Hallway can also be accessed via a separate back door to the driveway.
About the location
Pwllheli 6 miles.
The attractive harbour village of Abersoch is situated on the Llyn Peninsula in a region of Wales renowned for its outstanding scenery and varied walking. The village, situated between two glorious bays, is one of the most popular sailing venues in North Wales and important sailing regattas are held there throughout the summer months. Numerous shops cater for the tourist as well as pubs, restaurants and cafes. Watersports enthusiasts are also well catered for, particularly windsurfing, water skiing and dinghy sailing, not to mention renowned surfing at Port Neigwl (Hell’s Mouth). The long, sandy Abersoch Main Beach is probably the most popular beach in the area. There is a wonderful selection of beaches in the surrounding area of the Llyn Peninsula, including the beautiful and often quiet Porth Ceriad, with it's high cliffs, and sandy Porth Oer ("Whistling Sands"). Most of the coastline is owned by the National Trust and there are many remote bays, sandy beaches and cliffs, as well as wildlife havens like Bardsey Island to explore.
- Last minute