- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful semi-detached cottage nestled beside the Shropshire Union Canal, in the pretty village of Christleton, three miles from the historic city of Chester.
This charming Cheshire cottage is well presented throughout and furnished to a comfortable standard, making it ideal for couples and families looking to explore the area.
With two multi-fuel stoves, one in the sitting room and one in the dining room, you can look forward to a warm welcome home at the end of a busy day sightseeing.
Why not take a stroll straight from the back garden of this Cheshire cottage along the canalside, which leads straight into the heart of Chester, or venture in the opposite direction stopping off at some lovely pubs to taste the local ales and sample the delicious food on offer?
Chester offers a wealth of attractions to the visitor including the Roman walls, a racecourse and the world-famous rows- a shopper's paradise!
Further afield all of the attractions of North Wales are yours for the taking, including the Snowdonia National Park and the magnificent Welsh coastline with its pristine beaches.
A fantastic Cheshire cottage for a relaxing holiday, at any time of the year.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with corner bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Kitchen. Dining room with multi-fuel stove. Sitting room with multi-fuel stove. Utility.
- Gas central heating with multi-fuel stoves
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, Blu-ray, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stoves inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair and stairgate on request
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Enclosed lawned and gravelled garden with furniture, BBQ and 3 steps leading up to canal towpath
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 10 mins walk, pub 2 mins walk
- Note: This property is situated by the A41, and as such some road noise can be heard
- Note: Property is next to the canal, children should be supervised at all times.
About the location
Chester 3 miles.
The pretty Cheshire village of Christleton offers visitors a shop, a traditional village inn serving food, an historic church and a large pond, home to the resident ducks! Just 3 miles away, the Roman city of Chester has quite rightly been described as 'the jewel of the North-West of England'. Perhaps the most fascinating aspect of the city is that within a very small area there is evidence of every period of history - from the old walls and amphitheatre of Roman times, through medieval churches, Elizabethan timber-framed town houses and Georgian terraces, to Victorian restorations and 21st century architecture. The city has much to offer the tourist, including excellent shopping, in the famous Rows, and lovely walks within the city boundaries - around the old Roman walls, along The Groves beside the River Dee or through the picturesque Grosvenor Park. Further afield, the stunning Welsh mountains and coastline, and the market towns and villages of Cheshire, are all within easy touring distance, whilst the nearby Wirral Peninsula has many splendid courses to tempt the golfing enthusiast.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute