- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
Ruthin 7 miles. These two wonderful refurbished farmhouse cottages are situated adjacent to a working 500-acre hill beef and sheep farm, in a rural location, near the village of Clawddnewydd, seven miles from the bustling market town of Ruthin in Denbighshire. Connected via an adjoining door, these two Ruthin cottages are an ideal base for families and friends, and when booked together, the sitting and dining room layout can be altered which then creates an extra snug room and both properties can then cater for up to 17 guests comfortably. The owner can also organise a chef by prior arrangement to cater for any special events when the properties are booked together, so everyone can dine in style. With stunning views across the valley, these rural Denbighshire cottages offer charming, luxury holiday accommodation with beautiful walks from the door along quiet bridleways, and the use of two acres of adjoining grazing fields is ideal for sledging in winter or kite flying in the summer! Outdoor enthusiasts can enjoy a number of activities within easy reach of these North Wales cottages, including sailing on nearby Llyn Brenig, cycling and fishing, or simply enjoy a relaxing holiday in your rural Ruthin retreat. Maes, the larger of the two cottages, benefits from a superb hot tub, which can be used by the guests in Tyddyn when both properties are booked together, plus there is a shared games room with table tennis and pool table. These two superb eco-friendly cottages are the perfect place to enjoy a holiday in this part of North Wales.
A superb semi-detached stone farmhouse situated in a wonderful rural location. Surrounded by stunning countryside, this Ruthin cottage is a real delight with slate flooring, exposed oak beams and a delightful inglenook fireplace. Furnished and decorated in a traditional but contemporary style, this Denbighshire cottage has a spacious kitchen with dining area and a large sitting room with woodburner. A family bedroom offers a zip/link king-size bed and single bed and a further zip/link king-size bedroom with en-suite bathroom allows for 5 single beds to be made up if required. Outside this Ruthin cottage is a small patio, which provides the perfect spot for alfresco dining, whilst you enjoy the beautiful views along the valley. This Ruthin cottage is an ideal base, with plenty to see and do in the area. Note: This property has an adjoining door to Ref. 20653, and they can be booked together to accommodate 17 people.
Two bedrooms with TV: 1 x king-size double (zip/link, can be twin on request) with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, 1 x family room with 1 king-size double (zip/link, can be twin on request) and 1 single with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburner. Shared external games room. Shared external utility.
Wood pellet eco-friendly central heating with underfloor heating on ground floor and woodburner. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, dishwasher, shared utility with washer/dryer, 3 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, WiFi. Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Two cots, highchairs and stairgates on request. Shared games room with pool table and table tennis. Off road parking for 3 cars. Shared secure cycle storage. Enclosed private patio with furniture and BBQ and access to 2 acres of shared fields. Two well-behaved pets welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 2 miles. Note: Pets must be kept on a lead when outside. Note: As this is a converted farmhouse some door heights are lower than usual.
- Last minute
- “First Class”
- “Can't really fault anything worth mentioning. Would happily stay here again and very well might.”
- “A wonderful remote setting. The property was spotlessly clean and a perfect home from home.”
- “Absolutely perfect cottage, very comfortable and cosy. Loved the décor, the hot tub was a treat and the beds very comfortable. Loved it, thank you.”
- “"The location of the cottage was wonderful with walks right outside the door and stunning views. Although on a working farm it was peaceful and relaxing. The owner was friendly and helpful; we would definitely recommend the property."”
- “"Everything about the cottage and surroundings was first class and the owner could not have done any more for us. The cottage was within easy reach of lots of places of interest but secluded if that was what you desired. We will be returning again I am sure."”
- “The cottage was more than we expected, the beds are really good quality, all the TV's are HD and the owner is a star, I can't praise him high enough.”
- “The cottage was easy to find.. great location.. home from home.. plenty of room. The bedrooms were fantastic.. beds really comfy, lovely en-suite bathrooms. Nice having a log burner for the chilly evenings.”
- “The cottage was lovely; the bed very comfortable and the bathrooms were done beautifully, especially the large shower. The bedding was very nice too. The pictures of the cottage don't do it justice. There is a lovely view from the cottage to the rear, a very peaceful place to be. We would love to visit again.”
- “The cottage was fabulous and just perfect for the dogs!”
- “Everything about the holiday was great. We booked the adjoining property also as it was a large group. The property was perfect for our needs, with the hot tub, BBQs and large dining area being in constant use. Everyone in the group was sad to leave. The owner of the property was very friendly and happy to help with any queries we had. Many thanks!”
About the location
Llangollen 12 miles; Bala 18.5 miles; Chester 25 miles; Betws-y-Coed 30 miles.
The hilltop town of Ruthin lies to the north of Llangollen via the breathtaking Horseshoe Pass. The town is picturesque with attractive half-timbered buildings, mainly clustered around St Peter’s Square. There are many interesting shops and buildings, whilst the Nant Clwyd House (the oldest timber frame in Wales), Ruthin Gaol and Ruthin Craft Centre, which houses work by internationally recognised artists and craftspeople, are also worth a visit. Beautiful countryside is on Ruthin’s doorstep with Lake Brenig, Moel Famau Country Park and Clocaenog Forest close by. Further afield, but still within easy touring distance, are the coast, Snowdonia National Park and historic Chester.