- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
A first-class, self-contained apartment within a lovely, historic property, forming part of the family run Cefn Park Estate, dating back to 1730 and occupying over 1000 acres of parkland and grazing, on the edge of Wrexham, close to Chester in North Wales. Cook's Cottage is a spacious and welcoming, second floor North Wales self-catering apartment which is accessed via a large stairwell, and has a lovely open plan living and dining area with an open fire and a modern kitchen. The king-size double bedroom offers stylish decor and a feature fireplace, along with views across the formal gardens to the countryside beyond. At this North Wales self-catering apartment, guests have use of a private external games room with a full-size snooker table, along with a bar, library area, comfy seating and a cosy woodburning stove. Within the grounds of this North Wales self-catering apartment are a tennis court, stabling and access onto the paths that criss-cross the estate's 1000 acres and lead to picnic and BBQ areas. Within easy reach are a host of attractions and fascinating places of interest, including nearby National Trust properties, beautiful coastal resorts and lovely historic towns and cities. Cook's Cottage is an ideal romantic getaway from which to explore the area. Note: This property can be booked with Ref. 904980, together they sleep 4.
All second floor. One king-size double bedroom. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with open fire. Shared external games room with snooker table and woodburning stove.
- Automated woodchip eco central heating with open fire and woodburning stove
- Electric oven and ceramic hob
- microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books and DVDs in games room
- Fuel, power and starter pack for fire inc. in rent, additional fuel available to purchase from owner on request
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car in courtyard
- Bike storage
- Horse stabling available at additional cost, by prior arrangement with owner
- Shared use of tennis court by arrangement
- Shared patio with furniture and 1000 acres of grounds, farmland and BBQ areas
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pubs 2 miles
- Note: Guests will need to be responsible for their horse whilst staying at the property
- Note: Patio shared with other holiday property
- Note: Adults and babes-in-arms only
Note: Adults and babes-in-arms only.
- Last minute
About the location
CEFN PARK ESTATE
Wrexham centre 2 miles; Chester 13 miles.
Situated in over 1000 acres of parkland, Cefn Park dates back to 1730, with the latest additions being built in 1910. Located on the edge of Wrexham, the largest town in North Wales, Cefn Park is also within driving distance of the historic city of Chester and many places of interest including Pontcysyllte Aqueduct, a World Heritage Site. Steeped in family history linking back to Charles II and containing many artefacts from the Charge of the Light Brigade, Cefn Park in 2011 was featured on national TV and in newspapers due to the restoration of the original Victorian kitchen that had last been used during the Second World War. Today guided tours of the estate, which include a visit to the Victorian kitchen, can be enjoyed. The town of Wrexham offers a number of shops, pubs and restaurants, whilst nearby are the National Trust owned Erddig and Chirk Castle, which are well worth a visit. Chester, situated just into England offers something for everyone. From the Roman walls and amphitheatre, the wonderful Tudor ‘Rows’ and the beautiful medieval church, to the racecourse, famous zoo and walks along the River Dee, Chester has it all. Back into Wales, the stunning Snowdonia National Park is within driving distance. An ideal location for exploring North Wales, Cheshire, Shropshire, or even the island of Anglesey.