- Four poster bed
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
A charming, detached, 17th century stone cottage, in the small, rural hamlet of Lower Wood, between the Long Mynd and Caradoc Hills, 2 miles from Church Stretton.
In an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, within half a mile of the National Trust's Long Mynd Estate, the cottage offers quality accommodation, with exposed beams, a large inglenook with woodburner and a four-poster bed.
Outside the property, guests have shared use of a playing field with swings and a slide, and also shared access to a games barn which houses table tennis and a pool table.
The property enjoys wonderful views of the Caradoc and Lawley Hills, while excellent walks and cycle rides are available in the surrounding hill ranges.
Church Stretton and medieval Ludlow and Shrewsbury are within easy reach.
An ideal base for a relaxing break.
Three bedrooms: 1 x four-poster double with en-suite (shower, basin & WC), 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath with shower over, basin & WC. Fitted kitchen with breakfast bar. Dining room with coal-effect electric fire. Sitting room with inglenook fireplace with original bread oven & woodburner.
- Oil central heating with woodburner and electric fire
- Electric oven & hob, microwave, fridge, table-top freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, stereo/CD, WiFi
- Fuel, power & starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, table booster seat & stairgates
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Lockable bike storage
- Enclosed rear gravelled area with garden furniture
- Shared use, with owner's children, of games barn & playing field with swings/slides
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub/restaurant 1 mile
- Note: Property has 2 dog-leg staircases & thus may be unsuitable for less mobile
- Note: Guided walks available at weekends with owner's husband, by prior arrangement
- Note: Owner is CRB-checked & is happy to babysit
- Fees to be arranged with owner.
About the location
Church Stretton 2 miles; Shrewsbury 10 miles; Ludlow 16 miles.
Lower Wood is a tiny rural hamlet situated between the beautiful Long Mynd Hills to the west and the Caradoc and Lawley Hills to the east, and is just 2 miles from the delightful market town of Church Stretton. Church Stretton, often described as "Little Switzerland", is set amid striking scenery and boasts a variety of tea rooms, pubs, specialist shops, a large antique centre and a challenging golf course on the top of the Long Mynd. Other local attractions include wonderful scenic walks, the Acton Scott Working Farm, Attingham House and Park and Stokesay Castle. With the historic towns of Shrewsbury, Ludlow, Ironbridge, Much Wenlock and Bishops Castle only a short journey away, this is an ideal location for a varied and enjoyable break.