“This was a great Cottage for family ...”This was a great Cottage for family fun with a good size barn for poor weather games and great outdoor space for enjoying the views. Will definitely go back again.
- Four poster bed
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
A charming, detached, 17th century stone cottage, in the small, rural hamlet of Lower Wood, between the Long Mynd and Caradoc Hills, 2 miles from Church Stretton.
In an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, within half a mile of the National Trust's Long Mynd Estate, the cottage offers quality accommodation, with exposed beams, a large inglenook with woodburner and a four-poster bed.
Outside the property, guests have shared use of a playing field with swings and a slide, and also shared access to a games barn which houses table tennis and a pool table.
The property enjoys wonderful views of the Caradoc and Lawley Hills, while excellent walks and cycle rides are available in the surrounding hill ranges.
Church Stretton and medieval Ludlow and Shrewsbury are within easy reach.
An ideal base for a relaxing break.
Three bedrooms: 1 x four-poster double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x double, 1 x twin. Ground floor bathroom with bath. shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with breakfast bar. Dining room with coal-effect electric fire. Sitting room with inglenook fireplace with original bread oven and woodburner.
- Oil central heating with woodburner and electric fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, table-top freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, stereo/CD, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, table booster seat and stairgates
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Lockable bike storage
- Enclosed rear gravelled area with garden furniture
- Shared use, with owner's children, of games barn and playing field with swings/slides
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub/restaurant 1 mile
- Note: Property has 2 dog-leg staircases & thus may be unsuitable for less mobile
- Note: Guided walks available at weekends with owner's husband, by prior arrangement
- Note: Owner is CRB-checked and is happy to babysit
- Fees to be arranged with owner.
About the location
Church Stretton 2 miles; Shrewsbury 10 miles; Ludlow 16 miles.
Lower Wood is a tiny rural hamlet situated between the beautiful Long Mynd Hills to the west and the Caradoc and Lawley Hills to the east, and is just 2 miles from the delightful market town of Church Stretton. Church Stretton, often described as "Little Switzerland", is set amid striking scenery and boasts a variety of tea rooms, pubs, specialist shops, a large antique centre and a challenging golf course on the top of the Long Mynd. Other local attractions include wonderful scenic walks, the Acton Scott Working Farm, Attingham House and Park and Stokesay Castle. With the historic towns of Shrewsbury, Ludlow, Ironbridge, Much Wenlock and Bishops Castle only a short journey away, this is an ideal location for a varied and enjoyable break.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute