- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
This well-presented, first floor self-catering apartment is located above the owner's private garage, at the end of a row of terraced cottages in the heart of the pretty village of Holt, 5 miles from Wrexham, on the Welsh/English border.
This Holt holiday home has private access, via internal stairs, into the open-plan living area, which boasts a well-equipped kitchen, a dining area and a sitting area, making it perfect for a couple to relax, chat, and enjoy.
This North Wales holiday apartment also offers a king-size double bed, separated from the living area by a semi-partition wall, and a shower room with corner shower.
This apartment in North Wales is ideally situated for all the local amenities including shops, pubs serving excellent food, a spa and a hairdresser's, with the River Dee just two minutes away, offering fantastic walks past the local castle and towards Chester.
From your holiday home in North Wales catch the local bus into Chester or Bangor-on-Dee, and enjoy a day at the races or a spot of shopping, or explore Chester's city walls and famous 'Rows'.
With so much to see and do within easy reach, this is an ideal holiday home in Holt for an enjoyable break on the Denbighshire/Cheshire border.
All first floor. One king-size double bedroom, separated from living area by semi-partition wall. Shower room with corner shower, basin and WC. Open-plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric fire. Ground floor hallway.
- Electric economy 7 storage heating with electric fire in sitting area
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, TV with Freeview, CD, WiFi, selection of books and CDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Enclosed patio to front with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shops and pubs 1 min walk.
- “Short break”
- “Very clean and spacious. Owners very helpful. Everything you need in kitchen. Towels and bed linen provided very clean. Magazines and books CDs everything really home from home.”
- “Weekend Getaway”
- “This booking was made at quite short notice towards the end of July when we realised we had a free weekend. We had checked through all of our usual sites when we stumbled upon Sykes for the first time. Everything about the searching and booking process with Sykes was straightforward and friendly. Although, we placed the actual booking online we did double check via phone and we found the staff helpful, professional and well informed. Once the booking was confirmed, the ownwer was soon in contact to introduce herself and inform us that we could arrive early if we wanted to. Upon arrival in Holt, we were greeted by both owners who were friendly and attentive. They took the time to show us around every detail of the accomodation and also to make recommendations for eating out. We acted on both recommendations (the Grosvenor arms and the Indian restaurant in the village) and were not disappointed. The apartment is very well appointed with all the essentials and a few extras as well. They even put a bottle of wine in the fridge for us. Most welcome. Holt itself is a pleasant village with everything you need (pubs, shops, tea rooms etc) and its set in beautiful countryside. Fairly close by you have Wrexham, Llangollen and Chester to visit. It was our first visit to Chester but certainly not our last. It is a delightful city centre with all sorts of shops and restaurants sympathetically woven into the historic architecture. All of the staff in the shops are obviously very proud of their city and without exception asked what we thought of it and were we enjoying our time there. So, from start to finish, this weekend break was a real pleasure and Sykes are a refreshing change from other online booking services.”
- “Very clean, very warm and comfortable. Cheerful and tasteful décor. Friendly helpful owners.”
- “The Cottage was very well equipped and very comfortable. It was an excellent base from which to explore Wrexham, Chester and North Wales. We will definitely recommend this property and hope to return to it in the future.”
- “Lovely owners, really friendly and helpful. A smashing little flat, so nicely and thoughtfully laid out and decorated. Fab value for money. Holt is a very friendly village. All in all, it made for a really pleasant stay.”
- “The position in the village was great, with everything close to hand. The accommodation was spotless, and so comfortable.”
- “A modern, well designed holiday apartment in a quiet but quite a large village location, with many places to visit without travelling too far.”
- “The high standard of decor. location of local shops, Deli/ cafe, restaurants & public houses. along with lovely walking area. A lovely helpful friendly lady owner.”
- “Well equipped, beautifully clean home from home. The owners were extremely helpful and pleasant.”
About the location
HOLT, NORTH WALES
Wrexham 5 miles; Chester 10 miles.
The Welsh/English border village of Holt was founded in 1282 and sits on the banks of the River Dee, 10 miles from Chester, where the Holt Bridge formed an important border crossing with Farndon for centuries. The village has seen several conflicts during its existence and damage from musket shots can still be seen in the door of the impressive St Chad’s Church. Holt is a picturesque village with a small village green, local pubs and shops and the ruins of Holt Castle, which date back to around 1284. Across the river lies the village of Farndon, over the border in England, where visitors will find splendid little shops, as well as welcoming pubs, ideal for relaxing in with friends and family. Why not visit the Roman City of Chester with its famous Rows, excellent shopping, celebrated zoo and popular racecourse? For those who like walking and outdoor activities, Snowdonia National Park is only a couple of hours drive away and is ideal for days out. Holt is a perfect base from which to enjoy this beautiful and exciting region.