- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Church Stretton 3 miles. A brick-built, detached barn conversion situated next to the owner's home in a superb location on the outskirts of the small village of Longnor, just 3 miles from delightful Church Stretton.
This Longnor cottage boasts a wealth of exposed oak beams and a woodburning stove, creating a charming, welcoming atmosphere throughout the cottage, ideal for a romantic break.
The south-facing garden of this Longnor cottage is perfect for enjoying a drink, dining alfresco and enjoying the lovely view of the Stretton Hills.
From this pleasant Longnor cottage there are wonderful scenic walks over the Lawley and Caradoc Hills and a little further, the Long Mynd Hills, and on the trail why not stop for lunch in the Royal Oak at Cardington, Shropshire's oldest pub?
Enjoy trips to medieval Ludlow and Shrewsbury, the World Heritage Site of Ironbridge and its 10 museums, NT Attingham Park and Mansion, Wroxeter Roman City, Acton Scott Historic Working Farm and delightful Church Stretton with lovely tea rooms, pubs, restaurants, a variety of shops and one of England's highest golf courses.
With so much to do, and all amidst beautiful countryside, this Longnor cottage makes a very tempting year-round base.
Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x single. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Storage heaters downstairs with woodburning stove in sitting room and electric heaters in bedrooms
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, TV with full Sky package, DVD, video, CD
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Extra wood can be purchased from owners
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Enclosed south-facing lawned garden with gravelled sitting area, furniture, BBQ and views of the Stretton Hills
- One dog welcome - please keep dog on lead when out of garden
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops, pubs and tea rooms 3 miles
- Pub 1 mile walk across a field or 1.5 miles by road.
About the location
Ludlow 15 miles; Shrewsbury 15 miles.
The pretty market town of Church Stretton lies in the heart of south Shropshire. It sits amidst striking scenery and has often been described as "Little Switzerland". The town is the main centre for Shropshire’s hill country and home to a variety of tea rooms, pubs and specialist shops. Other local attractions include walks on the Long Mynd, the Acton Scott Historic Working Farm and Stokesay Castle. The historic towns of Shrewsbury, Ludlow, Ironbridge, Much Wenlock and Bishops Castle are only a short journey away, making Church Stretton an excellent base for your Shropshire escape.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute