“We love this cottage, it is our ...”We love this cottage, it is our second visit and we would book a third, if it was available. The setting is perfect, and the cottage is spacious and comfortable. It is a wonderful place for a holiday.
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Llan Ffestiniog 2 miles. An attractive 18th century, detached cottage in a wonderful "away from it all" location in the Hafod Fawr Forest, on the slopes of the Cynfal Valley, two miles from Llan Ffestiniog, close to the centre of Snowdonia National Park.
This former farmhouse combines original character and modern facilities, with exposed beams and a stone fireplace with log burner creating a real cottage atmosphere.
The tranquil setting offers stunning views of the Snowdonia Mountain Range and is superb for climbing and walking, or mountain biking along the excellent trails in the area.
The Manod Mawr/Bach mountains and the hidden Manod Lake are 4 miles away, or visit Porthmadog with its marina and the enormous beach at Black Rock Sands.
Betws-y-Coed, Portmeirion, Harlech Castle and the Ffestiniog Railway are all within easy reach.
A peaceful retreat, ideal any time of the year.
Three bedrooms: 2 x double, 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin, WC & underfloor heating. Fitted kitchen. Utility/drying room. Sitting room with dining area & log burning stove.
- Electric storage heaters with log burner in sitting room
- Electric oven & hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher
- DVD (screen for watching DVDs available but no TV reception)
- Wireless broadband
- Electricity & starter pack for log burner inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Ample off road parking
- Lockable bike storage
- Front grassed area with stunning mountain views, rear garden with stream, furniture & BBQ
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 3.9 miles, pub 4.2 miles
- Note: Unfenced stream-children should be supervised
- Note: This property is situated 1 mile from the main road, up a steep forestry commission track, which can be dangerous in snow & icy conditions.
About the location
Blaenau Ffestiniog 4 miles; Porthmadog 9 miles; Betws-y-Coed 15 miles.
The old slate quarrying village of Llan Ffestiniog quietly rests close to the impressive Manod and Moelwyn Mountains, near the centre of Snowdonia National Park. Nearby Blaenau Ffestiniog, once the world's capital of slate quarrying and in the 19th century known as the 'City of Slate', offers a range of shops and pubs, whilst the surrounding area boasts a variety of things to see and do. Take a tour around Llechwedd Slate Cavern, enjoy a ride on the famous Ffestiniog Railway or simply take some time to admire the stunning mountainous views available from all aspects. With excellent walking, mountain biking and cycling, wonderful sandy beaches, great fishing, a wealth of delightful towns and villages scattered throughout the area, Zip World, Bounce Below and the beautiful Vale of Ffestiniog and Cynfal Waterfalls to the west, this lovely location has something for everyone, at any time of year!
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute