- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Set in the popular village of Llan Ffestiniog in the magnificent Snowdonia National Park, this pretty Welsh cottage is tucked away in a peaceful position and away from passing traffic, enjoying wonderful views towards the Moelwyn Mountains and Stwlan Dam.
This lovely cottage is the perfect cosy retreat for couples seeking a romantic getaway from it all.
Dating back over hundred years, this delightful little cottage is full of charm and character and is well-presented, offering compact and comfortable accommodation.
The cottage is open plan downstairs with exposed ceiling beams throughout, a well-appointed kitchen with dining area, ideal for that romantic candle lit supper, and the sitting area boasts a comfy sofa and armchair and a splendid inglenook fireplace complete with fantastic warming multi-fuel stove, perfect for those chillier evenings for snuggling up in front of for a romantic night in.
Upstairs is a spacious and inviting double bedroom with lovely views out towards the Moelwyn mountain range, as well as a modern shower room.
Village facilities are all within walking distance, the village pub serves food and offers a warm Welsh welcome and a good selection of wine and real ales, and the thriving town of Blaenau Ffestiniog is only 3 miles away and is becoming increasingly popular amongst those seeking some thrills!
Zip World Titan, the longest zip wire in Europe, Bounce Below and Zip Caverns, a subterranean system of trampolines and zip wires deep underground.
There are some lovely walks from the doorstep, a favourite is to Cynfal Falls, a wonderful dramatic waterfall hidden away in the wooded valley of the Cynfal River, and the spectacular gorge is within the Ceunant Cynfal National Nature Reserve.
There are fantastic views of the mountains and the sea and there are lovely woodland areas along the route.
There is a wealth of activities in the surrounding area with great walking and climbing, fascinating caverns to explore and the beautiful North Wales coastline and beautiful sandy beaches at Morfa Bychan and Harlech less than half an hour's drive away.
A character cottage, a perfect base for a couple that is sure to delight at any time of the year.
One double bedroom. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with multi-fuel stove.
- Electric heating with multi-fuel stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer, TV with FreeSat, combi DVD/CD, iPod dock with radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Electricity and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Complimentary bottle of wine provided
- Roadside parking available 50 yards from property (can park outside cottage to unload only)
- Lockable bike storage
- Small rear gravelled area with bistro table and chairs
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome (please bring own dog beds & towels)
- Sorry, no smoking
- Village shop and pub 2 mins walk
- Note: Rear gravelled area is enclosed but not completely secure
- Note: Property is opposite a small, quiet local authority storage yard, which is well kept with views extending towards the Moelwyn Mountains
- Note: Shower is over a bath, however due to hot water tank capacity showers are only advisable
- Note: Adults only, no children allowed (inc. infants).
About the location
Blaenau Ffestiniog 4 miles; Porthmadog 9 miles; Betws-y-Coed 15 miles.
The old slate quarrying village of Llan Ffestiniog quietly rests close to the impressive Manod and Moelwyn Mountains, near the centre of Snowdonia National Park. Nearby Blaenau Ffestiniog, once the world's capital of slate quarrying and in the 19th century known as the 'City of Slate', offers a range of shops and pubs, whilst the surrounding area boasts a variety of things to see and do. Take a tour around Llechwedd Slate Cavern, enjoy a ride on the famous Ffestiniog Railway or simply take some time to admire the stunning mountainous views available from all aspects. With excellent walking, mountain biking and cycling, wonderful sandy beaches, great fishing, a wealth of delightful towns and villages scattered throughout the area, Zip World, Bounce Below and the beautiful Vale of Ffestiniog and Cynfal Waterfalls to the west, this lovely location has something for everyone, at any time of year!
Note: Adults only, no children allowed (inc. infants).
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute