- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Set in the popular village of Llan Ffestiniog in the magnificent Snowdonia National Park, this pretty Welsh cottage dates back over a hundred years, and is the perfect cosy retreat for couples seeking a romantic getaway.
Offering compact and comfortable accommodation, the cottage boasts a splendid inglenook fireplace complete with fantastic multi-fuel stove, exposed beams, and upstairs, a spacious and inviting double bedroom and a modern shower room.
Village facilities are all within walking distance and the thriving town of Blaenau Ffestiniog is only 3 miles away.
There is a wealth of activities available to the visitor in the surrounding area with great walking and climbing, fascinating caverns to explore and the beautiful North Wales coastline less than half an hour's drive away.
A character cottage that is sure to delight at any time of the year.
An ideal holiday base.
One double bedroom. Shower room with shower, basin & WC. Open plan living accommodation with fitted kitchen, dining area & sitting area with multi-fuel stove.
- Electric heating with multi-fuel stove
- Electric oven & hob, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer, TV with FreeSat, combi DVD/CD, iPod dock with radio, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Electricity & starter pack of fuel for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Complimentary bottle of wine provided
- Roadside parking available 50 yards from property (can park outside cottage to unload only)
- Lockable bike storage
- Rear gravelled area with table & chairs
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome (please bring own dog beds & towels)
- Sorry, no smoking
- Village shop & pub 2 mins walk
- Note: Property is opposite a small, quiet local authority storage yard, which is well kept with views extending towards the Moelwyn mountains
- Note: Shower is over a bath but due to hot water tank capacity showers only are advisable
- Note: Adults only, no children allowed (inc. infants).
Note: Adults only, no children allowed (inc. infants).
- Last minute
About the location
Blaenau Ffestiniog 4 miles; Porthmadog 9 miles; Betws-y-Coed 15 miles.
The old slate quarrying village of Llan Ffestiniog quietly rests close to the impressive Manod and Moelwyn Mountains, near the centre of Snowdonia National Park. Nearby Blaenau Ffestiniog, once the world's capital of slate quarrying and in the 19th century known as the 'City of Slate', offers a range of shops and pubs, whilst the surrounding area boasts a variety of things to see and do. Take a tour around Llechwedd Slate Cavern, enjoy a ride on the famous Ffestiniog Railway or simply take some time to admire the stunning mountainous views available from all aspects. With excellent walking, mountain biking and cycling, wonderful sandy beaches, great fishing, a wealth of delightful towns and villages scattered throughout the area, and the beautiful Vale of Ffestiniog and Cynfal Waterfalls to the west, this lovely location has something for everyone, at any time of year!