- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
- Broadband / WiFi
A peaceful Harlech cottage with its own 7-acre lake!
Originally a stone-built chapel, this detached property in Llandecwyn, 7.5 miles from Harlech, has been successfully converted into a charming Harlech holiday cottage, in a perfect away-from-it-all location.
This delightful Harlech cottage provides charming self-catering accommodation, including four bedrooms, a woodburner, and two sitting rooms, one with a pool table and TV/DVD.
The lawned garden of this North Wales holiday home is perfect for dining alfresco whilst enjoying the lovely views.
Set on a 700' hillside, surrounded by open farmland, scenic hills and mountains beyond, this is an ideal location for wonderful walks and mountain biking, as well as trout fishing and swimming in the owner's 7-acre lake.
With Harlech's golden sandy beach and renowned Royal St. David's Golf Club only 7.5 miles away, this is a delightful Harlech cottage in a wonderful rural location, perfect for a family holiday.
Four bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with dressing room & travel cot, 1 x twin (low ceiling), 1 x ground floor double with en-suite shower, basin & WC, 1 x ground floor adult bunks. Shower room with shower, basin & WC. Ground floor bathroom with bath, basin & WC. Kitchen with dining area. Utility shed. Living room with woodburner. First floor sitting room with pool table. Conservatory.
- Storage heaters with woodburner in living room
- Electric oven & hob, oil Rayburn (by arrangement with owner - pre set for additional heating & water, not to be used for cooking), microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, slimline dishwasher, 2 x TVs, DVD, basic Sky, WiFi, library of books
- Fuel, power & starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen inc. in rent
- Travel cot & highchair
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Lockable shed for bikes (by prior notice)
- Rear cottage garden, side lawned garden with furniture, BBQ & mountain views including Mount Snowdon
- Private trout fishing & swimming in owner's 7-acre lake
- One dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 5 miles, pub 4 miles
- Note: Water from treated private bore hole, all required filtration carried out
- Note: Cottage not suitable for the infirm due to varied floor levels.
About the location
Harlech 5 miles; Porthmadog 5 miles.
Llandecwyn is a scattered rural hamlet in North Wales, which stands amidst farmland, hills with lakes and mountains, which are all perfect for scenic walks and mountain biking. Llandecwyn is set on the National Cycle Route 8, plus birdwatching can be enjoyed on the red kite waymarked trail, which passes through the hamlet. There are also birdwatching opportunities along the coast and at the RSPB Osprey project, which is nearby. Only 5 miles away is historic Harlech, which is situated in a magnificent position between the mountains and the sea. Harlech is dominated by its majestic 13th century castle, which enjoys World Heritage status. The town is very popular with golfers, who come to enjoy the famous Royal St. David's course, whilst the beautiful 6 mile long sandy beach is wonderful for family fun and long walks. Harlech offers an excellent variety of amenities including some good quality restaurants and a leisure centre, whilst the whole of the Snowdonia National Park, together with the sandy beaches of Cardigan Bay, are all within easy reach. Other attractions in the area include the Ffestiniog Railway and Welsh Highland Light Railway, the secluded beaches at Borth y Guest and the Black Rock sands and the Italianate village of Portmeirion. A really beautiful part of North Wales.