“Relaxing break for a couple in beautiful location”We have just came back from six nights at the wonderful Dovecote and missing it already. The accommodation has everything you need and decorated to a high standard. The spa and restaurant are just next door for good quality food and a spa that feels like it is exclusively for you. Harry the owner and his team seem genuinely interested in making sure you have a great time. Cookie our dog was welcomed too. Beautiful waking up to the sound of silence. A great location for visiting north and west ...
- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Ruthin 5 miles.
This charming conversion of an old brick dovecote, dating back to the 15th century, lies in the parkland setting and grounds of the Springs Spa, Llanrhaeadr, between the market towns of Ruthin and Denbigh and within easy reach of North Wales, Snowdonia and Chester.
This beautifully presented cottage is cosily tucked away in a courtyard position behind the exclusive Springs Spa, which used to be part of the grand estate of Llanrhaeadr Hall, now forming part of a Grade II listed former coach house and stables.
Arranged over two floors and retaining some unique features, The Dovecot has been stunningly appointed for your romantic getaway, and every care and detail has been thought of to make your holiday a unique experience, with lasting memories to take away with you.
Downstairs is a stylish, well-equipped kitchen with bar, ideal for a leisurely breakfast, along with a luxury shower room.
The first floor galleried bedroom is well appointed with a lavish king-size bed, high-pitched ceiling, beams, door lintels, window seat, wall-mounted TV, and even a woodburner, which adds a relaxing and romantic ambience to this superb conversion.
You can even see the original brick sleeping quarters of the doves above the staircase, which have been lovingly preserved and maintained, making a very special feature of this wonderful holiday home.
Downstairs you’ll find plenty of storage space, which has been created by the careful conversion of the once attached pigsties, forming part of the dovecote many, many years ago.
Included in your holiday experience is unlimited use of the fabulous hydrotherapy pool, sauna and steam room (terms and conditions apply), all located next door at the Springs Spa, which has been awarded Trip Advisor's Certificate of Excellence.
If you’re looking to really pamper yourself, you’re also able to book beauty treatments with the expert on-site therapists.
Full use of the Spa’s on-site champagne bar and chauffeur service is also available at additional cost, so if you’re not in the mood for cooking and simply want to relax then wine and dine out at one of their fabulous local restaurants.
After a day of pampering, take a relaxing walk back through the softly landscaped grounds of the spa to your delightful cottage and get ready for the evening ahead, or simply sit back, light your warming woodburning stove and retire for the evening.
Mostly ground floor. One first floor king-size double bedroom with TV and woodburner. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with breakfast bar.
- Gas central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, slimline dishwasher, TV with Freeview, WiFi
- Fuel, power and fuel for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Ample off road parking
- Front patio and rear enclosed courtyard with furniture and BBQ
- On-site spa facilities inc. hydrotherapy pool, sauna and steam room
- On-site champagne bar, taxi service and laundry service
- Three well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops and pub 5 mins walk
- Note: Use of the spa is free of charge, with 20% discount available off beauty treatments, 10% discount off fine dining at the 'The Dining Room' restaurant, and there's also the option to join Yoga and Tai Chi classes free of charge
- All of the above need to be booked prior to arrival
- Note: On-site taxi service and laundry service is available at additional cost
- Note: The Springs Spa is also an exclusive wedding reception venue, during these periods (usually a Saturday) there may be limited use of the facilities
- Note: No sitting area/room at this property
- Note: Bedroom is open to the stairs
- Note: External steps lead down from bedroom to rear courtyard, care to be taken
- Note: Adults only.
About the location
Llangollen 12 miles; Bala 18.5 miles; Chester 25 miles; Betws-y-Coed 30 miles.
The hilltop town of Ruthin lies to the north of Llangollen via the breathtaking Horseshoe Pass. The town is picturesque with attractive half-timbered buildings, mainly clustered around St Peter’s Square. There are many interesting shops and buildings, whilst the Nant Clwyd House (the oldest timber frame in Wales), Ruthin Gaol and Ruthin Craft Centre, which houses work by internationally recognised artists and craftspeople, are also worth a visit. Beautiful countryside is on Ruthin’s doorstep with Lake Brenig, Moel Famau Country Park and Clocaenog Forest close by. Further afield, but still within easy touring distance, are the coast, Snowdonia National Park and historic Chester.
Note: Adults only.