- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
Nercwys 1 mile.
A pretty barn conversion situated in a courtyard, next to the owners’ Grade II listed guest house, part of Pistyll Farm House, one mile from the tranquil village of Nercwys and close to the bustling market town of Mold.
Renovated to a good standard and tastefully styled and furnished, this lovely cottage provides a perfect base for a couple wishing to explore the area.
The cosy sitting room, warmed by a woodburning stove has comfy seating to snuggle up on, providing a romantic setting for a delightful night in.
There’s also a compact, but well-equipped kitchen that has everything you may need, and the king-size double bedroom ensures a good night’s sleep.
Why not pop next door to the owners’ guest house and enjoy a leisurely breakfast which will definitely set you up for the day, or in the evening visit the well-stocked bar?
Outside there is a good sized, fenced garden with seating, a place where you can unwind whilst enjoying a glass of something cold, watching the sun go down and enjoying a little stargazing into the night’s sky.
The village of Nercwys has a pretty green and pub, and within a few short miles you will find Loggerheads Country Park, Moel Famau, Llandegla Forrest and a whole host of country lanes and public footpaths.
Only a few minutes’ away from the peace of the hills you will find the market town of Mold with its weekly street markets, magnificent church, shops, tea rooms, restaurants and the excellent Theatre Clwyd.
Further afield is the historic city of Chester, which has a host of attractions and has something for everyone.
This cosy cottage provides a great base for a relaxing break all year round.
All ground floor. One king-size double bedroom. Shower room with shower only. Separate basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and woodburning stove.
- Electric storage heaters with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Enclosed, private lawned garden with furniture, and guests are welcome to use the shared gardens at the Farmhouse with enclosed fenced pond
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 5 mins walk
- Use of bar in guest house on-site
- Note: A cooked breakfast is available at any time during your stay at £8.50 per head, please contact the owner for more information
- Note: Being part of the Pentrehobyn Estate some of the smaller farm buildings in the courtyard are used as offices and storage
- Note: There’s a well-fenced and gated pond in the shared garden, therefore children and dogs must be supervised at all times.
About the location
Mold 2 miles; Chester 15 miles.
The pleasant village of Nercwys boasts a pretty green, an old church and a pub and is situated close to a well-known Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty - the beautiful Vale of Clwyd and its surrounding hill range. Nercwys Forest is excellent for scenic walks, cycling and horse riding and if you're lucky you'll spot the resident Muntjac Deer or the elusive Long Eared Owl! Nearby is the Jacobean Nercwys Hall, built in 1638 and boasting a splendid display of over 20,000 articles known as the Gathering of Jewels. The busy market town of Mold is nearby with picturesque buildings and a good variety of shops, pubs and restaurants. The surrounding countryside boasts stunning walks and off road cycle trails, with both the Clwydian Hill Range and the Offa's Dyke Pathway close by, while Loggerheads and Moel Famau Country Parks, the Snowdonia Mountain Range and medieval Chester are all within easy reach.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute