“Fantastic cosy cottage, spotless ...”Fantastic cosy cottage, spotless and perfect for a holiday in North Wales. Didn't want to leave!
- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
The end wing of a quality barn conversion, situated on a working livestock farm in the hamlet of Pen-y-Cefn near Caerwys, surrounded by lovely countryside yet only 9 miles from the coastal towns of Prestatyn and Rhyl.
The accommodation in this Caerwys cottage is spacious, comfortable and finished to a high standard, with a well-equipped kitchen and dining area, a spacious sitting room, and two good-sized welcoming bedrooms with sloping ceilings.
Outside this Caerwys cottage, there is a private enclosed lawned garden with furniture, perfect for relaxing and alfresco dining.
Scenic walks, cycle trails, fishing and golf are all available locally.
This Caerwys cottage is well placed for access to the North Wales coast and countryside, and also its historic towns and castles.
There are also three theatres within a 30-minute drive at Llandudno, Mold and Rhyl.
A great Caerwys cottage for a family or romantic break.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin with sloping ceiling and low doorway (beds end to end) and en-suite corner bath, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with patio doors.
- Electric heating from ground source thermal underfloor heating downstairs and radiators on the first floor
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, (tumble dryer available on request), dishwasher, 37'' TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books and games for small children
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent, please bring own beach towels
- Cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Shared front garden, private enclosed rear lawn
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Farm produce available in season
- Shop 2 miles, pub with restaurant 5 mins walk
- Note: Max
- 1 infant
- Note: Only certain devices are able to pick up WiFi, so cannot be guaranteed.
About the location
Caerwys 2 miles; Prestatyn 9 miles.
Pen-y-Cefn is a small hamlet only 1 mile from Caerwys, one of the smallest towns in Great Britain. Caerwys stands in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty between the Clwydian Hills and North Wales Coast. Caerwys boasts two pubs (serving meals), an award-winning butcher/delicatessen, general store, Post Office, newsagent, pharmacy, bowling green, 9-hole golf course and tennis courts. Nearby are Mold, Denbigh and Ruthin with shops and craft centres, and Prestatyn, whose Blue Flag beach provides miles of golden sand for bathing, watersports and fishing. This is an ideal location for exploring the attractions of North Wales, with access to superb walking, mountain biking and birdwatching amidst the breathtaking scenery of the Clwydian Hill Range and on the Offa's Dyke Pathway. Visit the historic city of Chester with its famous zoo, Lakes Brenig, Bala and Vyrnwy, Victorian Llandudno, castles at Rhuddlan and Conwy, the historic pilgrimage site of St. Winifred's Well at Holywell and the Snowdonia National Park, all within easy reach.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute