- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful, double-fronted, end-terrace cottage, set in an elevated position close to the centre of Porthmadog, yet tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the marina and shops of this North Wales seaside resort.
Comfortable and welcoming, this former sea captain's home dates back to the 1850s and offers charm and character with a superb sea, harbour and estuary panorama and delightful views of both the Ffestiniog Railway and the Welsh Highland Railway in the distance, and the beach at Borth-y-Gest just a 15 minute walk away.
Decorated and furnished in a homely style, this Porthmadog cottage has a large and airy kitchen and dining area and two sitting rooms on the ground floor.
On the first floor are four bedrooms with a second floor twin bedroom accessed up a quaint winding staircase, making this Porthmadog cottage a fantastic family holiday home.
A sloping front lawned garden offers seating and sunbathing opportunities whilst enjoying the far-stretching views, and with the beach, harbour and town just a short walk away, this Porthmadog cottage makes a perfect place to stay.
All the amenities of this historic seaside port are on the doorstep - explore the steam railway, visit the craft and souvenir shops, excellent restaurants, tea rooms and inns, or stroll along the coast to the famous Black Rock Sands beach.
Surrounded by the spectacular scenery of the Snowdonia National Park and the North Wales coastline and with nearby attractions such as the zip wire near Llanberis and the trampoline underground and the biking centre at Llechwedd, this Porthmadog cottage is a wonderful holiday home all year round.
Over three floors. Five bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with basin, 1 x twin with basin, 1 x single, 1 x adult bunks, 1 x 2nd floor twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin. Separate WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Utility. Sitting room with gas fire. Reading room with gas fire.
- Electric heating with gas fire in sitting rooms
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, radio/CD, WiFi, payphone, selection of books, games, DVDs and beach toys
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent (please bring own beach towels)
- Cot, highchair and stairgate
- Off road parking for 1 car, with free car park 500 yards away on first come, first served basis
- Rear patio and front lawned garden and patio with furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 5 mins walk
- Harbour 5 mins walk
- Note: 2nd floor bedroom is accessed by steep winding staircase and has sloping ceiling with reduced head height
- Note: Cottage is accessed down 12 steps and town centre is accessed down 25 steps, meaning property is unsuitable for guests with limited mobility
- Note: Max 6 adults.
About the location
Harlech 5 miles; Caernarfon 19 miles.
The bustling harbour town of Porthmadog lies on the Glaslyn Estuary and enjoys a stunning setting. The gateway to the Snowdonia National Park, Porthmadog is full of individual shops and restaurants, and home to the Ffestiniog Railway, where you can travel by steam through spectacular Snowdonia scenery, to Blaenau Ffestiniog. The pretty village of Borth Y Gest, with its cliffs and coves, is a short walk or drive from the town. The well known and unique Italianate village of Portmeirion is just down the coast. Situated on a rugged clifftop on its own private peninsula, Portmeirion, famous as the location of the TV show The Prisoner and the final episode of Cold Feet, is surrounded by miles of sandy beaches and woodlands. The area also boasts castles at Criccieth and Harlech, and superb unspoilt beaches such as Black Rock Sands, where the sands stretch as far as the eye can see. An ideal location for the attractions of Snowdonia and the The Lleyn Peninsula.
Note: Max 6 adults.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute