“Lovely property, the 2 sitting ...”Lovely property, the 2 sitting rooms worked really well for his 'n' hers TV viewing. Plenty of living space indoors & out and a very quiet location. Good area, need to return to finish doing all the walks. Was glad of the 4X4 ground clearance when we saw the track, not a "low profile tyre friendly" property! No hesitation in returning or recommending this cottage.
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Caernarfon 5.5 miles.
An attractive, 18th century stone-built farmhouse in an acre of grounds, in a tranquil, elevated position between the villages of Rhosgadfan and Carmel, on the edge of the Snowdonia National Park.
A lovely property, well equipped and tastefully decorated throughout, and furnished in an exciting contemporary style, the cottage offers two large sitting rooms, three woodburners, and three bathrooms, including a sauna and spa bath, and large attractive gardens, perfect for dining alfresco and enjoying stunning views across the countryside to Caernarfon Bay, the Rhinogs and the Isle of Anglesey.
This is an excellent base for walking, climbing, watersports, fishing off the coast of Anglesey, Caernarfon with its 13th century castle, magnificent Snowdon, and the NT houses and gardens dotted through the area.
A high-quality cottage, and an ideal holiday destination at any time of year.
Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with TV/DVD & en-suite shower, basin, WC, 2 x 2'6'' twins (can be made up as king-size doubles by arrangement). Bathroom with corner spa bath, double basins, WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, sauna (seats 3-4), basin, WC. Fitted kitchen. Large L-shaped sitting room with sitting areas, 2 woodburners & dining area. Second spacious sitting room with 2 sofa beds, inglenook fireplace, woodburner & doors to garden.
- Gas central heating with three woodburners
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, two fridges, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 20" LCD TV/DVD, 42" LCD TV with Freeview & DVD, 32" LCD TV/DVD, iPod dock, Hi-Fi, WiFi
- Gas and electric inc. in rent
- Wood for woodburners available to purchase locally
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair & stairgate
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Large terraced grassed garden with three patio areas inc. ornamental pond, Japanese-style footbridge, sunhouse (reached by 30 steps) with patio area, BBQ & stunning views
- Sorry, no pets or smoking
- Shop 1 mile, pub 3.5 miles
- Note: Three ponds & gentle stream in gardens - children must be supervised
- Note: Property is accessed via a country track, with two cattle grids
- Note: No hen/stag parties.
About the location
Llanberis 8 miles; Bangor 9 miles.
Caernarfon (county town of Gwynedd) has much historic and cultural importance in North Wales. It is a popular tourist spot with its impressive 13th Century castle, well preserved town walls and delightful water front. During the season there are guided tours of the castle and special events including historic pageants. There is also a station for the Welsh Highland Railway, which passes through dramatic scenery, the village of Beddgelert and onto Porthmadog. Fishing trips are available from the harbour and another attraction within walking distance of the town centre is Segontium, a Roman fort and museum, housing many important finds. Caernarfon offers a wide selection of shops and places to eat and is close to the lovely beaches of the Isle of Anglesey and the Lleyn Peninsula as well as the mountains and rivers of Snowdonia, including the renowned mountaineering town of Llanberis at the foot of Mount Snowdon.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute