- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful, semi-detached cottage, in an elevated position with views over the village to open countryside, on the edge of the pretty village of Rhyd Ddu.
Tastefully renovated to a very high standard, providing cosy and comfortable accommodation throughout, this Rhyd Ddu cottage boasts a spacious, fitted kitchen/diner with bay window and a warming woodburner.
The accommodation also includes a snug sitting room with a second woodburner and patio doors to the summer room, with three well-appointed bedrooms, enjoying some superb views.
The garden surrounds this Rhyd Ddu cottage, and offers a one acre abundance of woodland and wildflower plants full of wildlife.
The pleasant lawn and patio offers a superb outdoor space to relax and enjoy the fantastic back drop of Snowdon, along with the passing trains.
There are numerous doorstep footpaths radiating from the village onto Snowdon, whilst within easy reach are Beddgelert, Caernarfon and Porthmadog.
A superb retreat at any time of the year.
Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with arch to dining area with woodburner. Sitting room with woodburner and back boiler. Small summer room.
- Electric central heating with electric heaters, woodburners, hot water from sitting room stove and immersion
- Electric range oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with basic Sky, DVD, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburners inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair and stairgate
- Off road parking for 5 cars
- Bike storage
- Front lawn and patio with furniture and BBQ
- One acre of mature woodland and wildflower garden
- One well-behaved pet welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 4 miles, pub 2 mins walk
- Note: Mobile reception in the village is poor
- Note: Sloping and terraced woodland, children to be supervised and may not be suitable for those with limited mobility
- Note: Two steps down to house from driveway
- Note: Check-in 5pm, check-out 11.30am.
About the location
Beddgelert 3.5 miles; Porthmadog 11 miles; Portmeirion 13 miles.
Rhyd Ddu is a small 19th century Welsh slate quarry village located around 3.5 miles from Beddgelert. It is a very popular location for walkers as the Rhyd Ddu path is one of the many starting points used for the ascent on Mount Snowdon, and the Nantlle Ridge and Mynydd Mawr are also popular walks. The narrow gauge Welsh Highland Steam Railway between Caernarfon to Porthmadog also stops in the village and the railway station is popular with day trippers and rail enthusiasts alike. There is a popular, family run, real ale country inn and restaurant in the village. Nearby, the picturesque village of Beddgelert lies in the heart of the Snowdonia National Park at the foot of Mount Snowdon. Beddgelert is a bustling village with arts and craft shops, tea rooms, pubs and restaurants, centred around the Afon Glaslyn River. Beddgelert is famed for its monument to the Welsh Prince Llewelyn's dog, whom the Prince killed thinking it had attacked and killed his son, only to discover afterwards it had been defending his son from a savage wolf attack. With Porthmadog, Portmeirion, Borth-y-Gest and the whole of the Llyn Peninsula easily reached, this is an ideal location for a Welsh holiday.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute