- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This picturesque, detached, old miners’ cottage stands at the foot of the Stiperstones Hill range, in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, amidst the Shropshire Hills.
This Stiperstones cottage provides cosy, character accommodation, ideal for a family holiday or a romantic break for two, for those wishing to explore this peaceful and tranquil area.
This attractive Stiperstones cottage, set mostly over the ground floor, offers a spacious first floor family room with a king-size double bed and a single day bed.
There is a room featuring adult bunks and a family bathroom, where you can enjoy a relaxing soak after a day exploring Shropshire.
Prepare delicious family meals in the well-equipped kitchen and sit down to eat together around the dining area, in the sitting room.
Retire in front of the woodburning stove, in the charming sitting room and unwind with a film or lose yourself in a good book.
Outside this Stiperstones cottage, there is a pretty, lawned front garden with delightful views across the surrounding countryside to Stiperstones Hill.
Both this space and the rear courtyard offer fantastic places to sit and soak up the summer sunshine after a day’s walking, mountain biking or exploring this beautiful part of Shropshire.
From this Stiperstones cottage, wonderful scenic walks lead you to the summit of the Stiperstones Hill, just one mile away, while excellent mountain bike trails stretch in all directions.
The Stiperstones village pub and the local shop are an easy walk away, offering delicious food and a friendly welcome.
Venture out to the historic towns of Shrewsbury, Bishop’s Castle, Church Stretton and Ludlow.
There are also a variety of National Trust properties and gardens to discover, including the Ironbridge World Heritage Site, with its ten museums, the Wroxeter Roman ruins and Stokesay and Ludlow castles.
This Stiperstones cottage is a wonderful base for families and friends exploring Shropshire, all year round!
Mostly ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x adult bunks, 1 x first floor family room with 1 king-size double and 1 single day bed. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with woodburning stove and dining area. External utility.
Oil central heating with woodburning stove. LPG double oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, tumble dryer in outdoor utility, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, selection of books and DVDs. Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent. Wood for the stove can be purchased from the village shop. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot on request. Off road parking for 4 cars. Bike storage. Front lawned garden with patio, furniture and BBQ. Rear courtyard garden with furniture. Two well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 10 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “The cottage is in a wonderfully quiet setting, just what we were hoping for. A very well equipped cottage with lots of information leaflets of the local area. There were some amazing walks and sites locally. Thoroughly enjoyed our holiday.”
- “We loved the area and the location of The Wilderness, as the Shropshire hill walk was on your door step . Very peaceful and the local people were very friendly. Our dogs loved a run around the garden which is a little sun trap you get the sun all day .”
- “By pure chance we found the perfect hideaway, in a beautiful setting. Peaceful and quiet with only the woodpeckers rapping now and then. We will be booking again for November. We had a perfect week and time passes much slower there.”
- “Comfortable and homely, well equipped kitchen. I brought kindling and fire logs with me for a roaring wood burning stove, the lounge was cosy and warm. The bed was comfy, always a good night sleep.”
- “The cottage was exactly as advertised and was a delightful place to stay for our 2 weeks. The house was presented very well and was very clean and tidy. The location was wonderfully peaceful & private, we immediately felt at home and very comfortable.”
- “Such peace and quiet; and the wonderful garden with lots of wildlife only feet away from where you sat. The private courtyard was ideal for eating outdoors. A fantastic shower and the overall layout of cottage was perfect.”
About the location
Church Stretton 8 miles; Shrewsbury 12 miles; Bishop’s Castle 12 miles.
The village of Stiperstones nestles in an unspoilt valley on the slopes of the beautiful Stiperstones Hill range and is only eight miles from the delightful Church Stretton and 12 miles from the historic towns of Shrewsbury and Bishop’s Castle. This small Shropshire village boasts a shop and charming inn and is a perfect starting point for many scenic trails, with the summit of the famous Stiperstones Hill, a 1.5 mile walk, and the East Ridge Wood mountain bike trails very close by. This area is a designated National Nature Reserve, a SSSI and an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and is consequently a favourite place for outdoor and wildlife enthusiasts. The Stiperstones Hill range is dominated by dramatic quartzite tors, which tower above an unspoilt heathland, the most famous is the Devil’s Chair, whilst Manstone Rock is the highest point at 536m above sea level and offers stunning views on a clear day. A short drive away is one of England's finest heritage towns with over 600 listed buildings; Shrewsbury nestles on a loop of the River Severn. Shrewsbury has a magnificent abbey as well as Shrewsbury Castle, which stands in beautiful gardens and is home to the Shropshire Regimental Museum. There's plenty of interesting things to do in the area, with Attingham Park, Wroxeter Roman City, the museums at Ironbridge, and the castle and Michelin-starred restaurants of Ludlow, all making this hillside village the perfect touring spot for your Shropshire adventure.