- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Broadband / WiFi
Trelawnyd 0.5 miles.
A charming, single-storey detached cottage with a crog loft, ideally located on the outskirts of Trelawnyd, on the route of the Pilgrims Way and Clwydian Way.
Cosy, comfortable and welcoming, The Old Mill is perfect for a quiet retreat or walking holiday in this beautiful part of North Wales.
Set mostly over the ground floor, this pleasant cottage enters into a kitchen which is conveniently laid out to provide all the basics needed for a memorable holiday, including a small breakfast bar, where you can sit and enjoy a coffee and the morning papers.
The sitting room and dining area is warmed by a woodburning stove, providing a lovely atmosphere to sit and relax after an energetic day exploring the numerous local trails that run from the doorstep of this lovely cottage.
Open tread stairs lead from here to a small crog loft where you can curl up with a book and relax.
The bathroom is equipped with a wet room shower with a wall seat and grab rail, and with ramp access into the cottage it allows the option for less mobile guests to stay in comfort.
Outside to the rear is a secluded decked patio from where you can enjoy the peace and tranquillity of the area.
The owners, who live next door, offer grazing facilities in the two adjoining paddocks that they own, and have storage for horseboxes, allowing you to spend an enjoyable week on holiday with your horse or pony, hacking the bridle paths and lanes in the vicinity.
The surrounding area not only offers many walks and cycle routes, but an abundance of alternative activities are available, particularly with the ever popular seaside town of Prestatyn less than 5 miles away.
This delightful Trelawnyd cottage is the perfect retreat for a couple looking for a relaxing holiday in beautiful countryside.
Mostly ground floor. One twin bedroom. Bathroom with walk-in shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with breakfast bar. Sitting room with dining area and woodburning stove. Crog loft.
- LPG central heating with solar panels and woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, radio, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars on shared driveway
- Bike storage
- Bike hire on-site at additional cost, please contact the owner to arrange
- Horse grazing and stabling on request at additional cost, please contact the owner to arrange
- Decked patio with furniture and BBQ
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 mile
- Note: Open tread stairs to small first floor crog loft in sitting room, not suitable for children or those with limited mobility, pets to be supervised
- Note: Mobile phone signal may be limited
- Note: Property may be suitable for those with limited mobility, please contact the owner if you have any specific requirements.
About the location
Prestatyn 4 miles; Llandudno 18 miles; Chester 25 miles.
Trelawnyd is a small village nestled at the base of Gop Hill topped by the second highest man-made mound in Britain. It is close to the lovely North Wales coast, four miles from the seaside town of Prestatyn. There is easy access to local walks including Gop Hill, the North Wales Pilgrim’s Way, Offa’s Dyke, the Clwydian Way and Allt Y Craig. From these trails you can enjoy the fantastic scenery and vistas of the local area. The nearby village of Dyserth, 2.5 miles away was mentioned in the Domesday book of 1086. The parish church of St Bridget, with its interesting stained glass windows, is close to a famous waterfall with tea rooms next to it. The village also has two pubs serving food. Prestatyn, whose Blue Flag beach provides miles of golden sand, is ideal for bathing, water sports and sea fishing. Trelawnyd is the perfect base for touring the beautiful Snowdonia National Park, the Clwydian Hill Range, Victorian Llandudno, the Welsh Mountain Zoo or historic Chester with its wonderful shops and architecture. A fantastic area from which to explore the local countryside and amenities on offer along this North Wales coastline.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute