- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
Coxwood Farm Cottages
Rossett 3 miles. Three farm cottages on a small livestock farm, 3 miles from Rossett. Skilfully converted from a large 19th century outbuilding, the cottages provide spacious accommodation, with exposed beams to enhance the character. There is shared use of an indoor games room, an outdoor children’s play area with an outdoor trampoline, swing, slide and climbing frame, and a lawned garden to the front of the properties. Just 6 miles away is the historic city of Chester, with beautiful architecture, medieval city walls and Roman ruins, along with quality shopping and excellent pubs and restaurants. Enjoy a trip to the Blue Planet Aquarium, Loggerheads Country Park or the Llangollen Railway, or canal boat trips - something for everyone! When booked together the three cottages sleep 20.
A superb, detached barn conversion offering fantastic living accommodation, with a large fully fitted kitchen diner with oak furniture and leather chairs. This Rossett cottage also has a comfortable sitting room with stylish modern furniture including a semi-circular swivel chair, and part of this room incorporates an area with double sofa bed. Fronting onto a communal courtyard, this is a delightful Rossett cottage from which to visit local tourist attractions such as Chester Zoo, Llangollen, Blue Planet Aquarium and Cheshire Oaks outlet village. Note: This property can be booked with Refs. 1335 and 1336 to accommodate 20.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining table and TV. Large sitting room with sofa bed. Large shared games out-building.
- Oil central heating
- Electric cooker, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, 42" TV with Freeview, 2nd TV/Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, iPod dock, library of books, DVDs and games
- Games room with table tennis, table football and pool table
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair and stairgate on request
- Bike storage
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Shared lawned garden, private patio area with furniture and BBQ
- Children's play area with outdoor trampoline, swing, slide, climbing frame etc
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 3 miles, pub 1.5 miles.
- Last minute
- “Fantastic base for relaxing or visiting the many attractions around.”
- “VERY spacious. All mod cons and a welcome cake and drinks provided. Fresh eggs can be purchased. Comfortable and very clean. Owner on hand for any queries but not intrusive. There were a few dishwasher tablets, cleaning items, salt & pepper, some books & games and DVD's in the property when we arrived which were for our use. In a lovely rural location but very close to main roads which made it easy to visit places. I would say property is nearer Gresford than Rossett. Visited Chester Zoo, excellent day out, Bodnant Gardens, Llangollen, Chirk Castle, Horseshoe Pass and had a day in Chester too using the park and ride which was very convenient. I would definitely book this property again.”
- “Week away with twin toddlers”
- “An excellent facility that was toddler friendly and well located to access local tourist destinations. The owners were very amenable and made us fell very welcome for our stay. The Barn had great sized reception room; particularly the kitchen/dining room and was equipped with all the appliances, cookware and utensils needed. I would certainly recommend to a friend and hope to return again soon.”
- “We had a fantastic stay at the barn with a very warm welcome from the owners. This is a fantastic property in an idyllic location.”
- “We had a fabulous week away. We loved the tranquillity of the farm setting. The kids loved the trampoline and were even allowed to help feed the cows! Thank you for a lovely stay!”
- “Lovely house and a relaxing holiday.”
- “Good location for us - we lived in North Wales long time ago - so able to see family and friends easily. Easy access to many tourist locations in area.”
- “Excellent countryside location on a farm. It had great facilities with everything provided. It was very clean and the owner was very friendly and helpful.”
- “The Barn exceeded expectations. We had plenty of room for our family of 5, the property was very peaceful, it was in a perfect location for touring North Wales, Chester and the Midlands.The kitchen was huge - very nice for preparing meals. The owner also sold us fresh eggs in the morning...which we took advantage of for most of our breakfasts. The internet speed was great so we were able to keep in touch with our family in Canada and upload photos, etc. This was hands down the best cottage we've stayed at. If/when we come back to the UK, we'll stay here again. Highly recommended.”
- “The owner was friendly and very helpful. The Barn was furnished to a very high standard and very spacious. Technology was up to date in the accommodation. There was lots of information in the accommodation. It was central to lots of places to visit.”
- “Lovely setting with modern living; just great. The owner was very welcoming and helpful but not intrusive.”
About the location
Chester 6 miles; Llangollen 15 miles.
The village of Rossett is built along the banks of the River Alyn. Rossett boasts many fine buildings such as the Jacobean Trevalyn Hall and an eccentrically designed 19th Century church, along with a variety of hotels, pubs, and a few shops. Have a game of golf at the local course, or enjoy the pretty river whilst keeping an eye open for herons, cormorants and kingfishers. Nearby lies the historic City of Chester offering beautiful architecture, quality shopping, and excellent pubs and restaurants. Enjoy walks around the medieval city walls and along the banks of the River Dee, wander along the unique half-timbered medieval ‘Rows’ in the city centre, or visit Chester Zoo - the choice is endless.