- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Castleton 1.5 miles. An attractive, stone-built, semi-detached cottage set in a peaceful location amidst beautiful countryside and close to the village of Castleton. Situated around a courtyard on the owners' farm, this lovely Castleton cottage was originally an old farm building and has been lovingly converted to provide a comfortable holiday home for families to get together and enjoy the spectacular scenery of the North York Moors National Park. The spacious living areas at this Castleton cottage, offer a modern, well-equipped kitchen, a homely sitting room and a dining room. The two charming bedrooms are bright and airy, with large Velux windows. Outside this Castleton cottage, the shared, rear garden makes for the perfect spot to relax and unwind with sweeping views across open countryside. The picturesque village of Castleton offers excellent amenities, with several pubs serving food, a traditional tea-room and local shops. Danby village is just 1.5 miles away and offers a bakery and tea room, whilst the North York Moors National Park Centre in the village is well worth visiting, with its educational displays, interactive exhibitions and woodland walks. A haven for walkers,there are countless footpaths and cycle trails to explore, whilst the market towns of Helmsley, Kirkbymoorside and Pickering are within easy reach and offer many attractions, including the North Yorkshire Moors Steam Railway, Ryedale Folk Museum and regular market days. With its proximity to both the coast and the moors, this Castleton cottage provides an ideal base for an enjoyable holiday. Note: This property adjoins refs 16261 and 16262 and together they can accommodate 11 people.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Dining room. Sitting room with sofa bed.
- Electric panel heaters with underfloor heating in bathroom
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio/CD, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Shared, lawned garden to rear with furniture and BBQ
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 1.5 miles, pub 1 mile.
- Last minute
- “Lovely cottage - would stay again”
- “Cottage was nicely furnished, clean and well equipped. The owners were nice and helpful.”
- “This was a beautiful cottage, very well appointed with wonderful views of Danby Dale and the surrounding moors. We especially enjoyed the peaceful and quiet surroundings.”
- “A beautiful cottage in a stunning location, with lots of places to visit nearby. The finishing touches in the cottage made it very special. A wonderful place to stay.”
- “"A lovely little cottage, it was perfect. We wanted somewhere secluded where we could go for lovely walks, and the cottage was ideal for this purpose. Greeted by lovely owners..will definitely be returning to this little gem."”
- “Peaceful and relaxing. Cottage was a good base for our chosen area.”
About the location
Guisborough 9 miles; Pickering 19 miles; Whitby 18 miles.
The picturesque village of Castleton nestles in the beautiful Esk Valley, in the heart of the North York Moors National Park. Surrounded by stunning scenery, this bustling village offers superb amenities including two pubs, both serving great food, a village shop, a convenience store, a Post Office, tea rooms and a small art gallery. There is a railway station serving the Esk Valley and Whitby, which also links with the steam line to the attractive market town of Pickering. The Camphill Village Trust community of Botton is nearby, with its craft workshops and shops selling home produced food, craft items and books. The historic city of York is just over an hour away, and the coastal towns and villages of Whitby, Staithes, Robin Hood's Bay and Sandsend with its lovely beach, are within easy driving distance, and well worth a visit.