- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Aislaby 1.5 miles.
A delightful, stone-built conversion of historic farm buildings, situated on the owner's smallholding close to the traditional village of Aislaby, just five miles from the historic harbour town of Whitby.
This single-storey studio style Aislaby cottage provides a rural romantic retreat for couples wishing to relax and unwind, and perhaps enjoying walking or cycling whilst being surrounded by the stunning scenery of the Esk Valley, part of the North York Moors National Park.
With pitched, beamed ceilings, cosy underfloor heating and rustic terracotta floors, this cottage near Whitby has an open plan living area and sleeping area, a separate well-equipped kitchen, a shower room and sunny outdoor patio areas affording far-reaching, panoramic countryside views.
With many public footpaths on the doorstep, this Aislaby cottage is a haven for outdoor lovers, whilst the nearby, numerous pretty coastal and inland villages are a delight to explore.
From this Aislaby cottage, the nearby villages of Aislaby and Egton offer a choice of charming village pubs with good food.
A fabulous Aislaby cottage in a beautiful part of the country.
Note: This cottage is next to Ref.
911817, together they sleep 6.
All ground floor. Open plan studio accommodation with one king-size double bed, dining area and sitting area. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen.
Biomass underfloor heating. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, Bluetooth iPod speaker dock, selection of books and DVDs. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Ample off road parking. Bike storage. Patio with furniture. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop 3 miles, pub 1.5 miles. Beach 4.5 miles. Note: Access to the cottage is via a traditional and uneven cobbled path. Note: There are a couple of internal steps.
- “Poppy cottage is a lovely barn conversion with great character on a fantastic small holding. The owners were very welcoming and it was lovely to be surrounded by their quirky animals and the beautiful countryside. Perfect location for exploring the North Yorkshire Coastline and Moores. Highly recommend, we will be back!”
- “We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Poppy Cottage. The cottage was great and the location was superb, the views were out of this world.”
- “Excellent cottage, location and hosts. Highly recommended.”
- “We loved the idyllic, tranquil location of Poppy Cottage and the kindness and helpfulness of the owners. The property was immaculately clean and extremely well-equipped. All our needs for a comfortable break were more than catered for. It provided us with the perfect retreat from which to explore such a picturesque area of the British Isles.”
- “A great quiet location with exceptional views, and Whitby was only a short drive away.”
- “A lovely weeks holiday in a comfortable cottage with informative and friendly hosts. An excellent place for walking in the North York Moors and coastal footpaths. We will return.”
- “Very relaxing and quiet. Owners were very welcoming and friendly. Spotless and had all two people would need for a break away from it all.”
- “A well-equipped comfortable cottage in peaceful and scenic surroundings. Very friendly owners. Well placed for trips to Whitby and Robin Hood's Bay.”
- “There was a warm and friendly welcome. Superb setting and the cottage was first rate, clean and well equipped for two people. Nothing was too much trouble whilst I was there. Helping me with local knowledge about footpaths and places of interest without which my holiday would have been much less interesting. The area is so very beautiful and I most surely will return very soon. Thank you to the family and I hope to see you real soon.”
About the location
Sleights 1 mile; Whitby 3 miles; Sandsend 5 miles.
The village of Aislaby is located in the beautiful rolling countryside of the Esk Valley, overlooking Sleights and just three miles from Whitby. A small rural village, quiet and secluded, Aislaby is a thriving community of pretty sandstone cottages clustered around a main street and a thriving community served by the old church and Forge Inn. By cycling, walking, or driving in the surrounding area, guests can visit Egton's famous church of St Hedda with its painted ceiling, walk through the beautiful Arncliffe Woods, discover the historic North Yorkshire Moors Railway at Grosmont, or explore the old mill on the banks of the River Esk. The location is also ideal for exploring the spectacular North York Moors and the many small fishing villages and resort towns of this beautiful coastline. Nearby Whitby, once the home of Captain James Cook, is a charming, atmospheric town of winding streets and hidden alleys, with a picturesque harbour, safe sandy beaches, a broad range of eateries and award-winning fish and chips, and of course the Abbey, which inspired Bram Stoker, reached by the famous 199 steps. For culture lovers, a day trip to the city of York, with its famous minster, the Jorvik Viking Centre, and National Railway Museum will be a fantastic addition to your break.