- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Aislaby 1.5 miles. A superb, detached, single-storey stone barn conversion, situated on the owner's smallholding in a wonderful rural location, just five miles from Whitby. Surrounded by stunning countryside, this warm and inviting Aislaby cottage is a real delight, with high pitched beamed ceilings, terracotta floors and fitted kitchen with oak doors. Furnished and decorated to a high standard in a homely, traditional style, this cottage near Whitby has eco underfloor heating from a carbon neutral biomass boiler system, partly powered by a wind turbine, and comprises a spacious open plan living area, charming king-size bedroom, with comfy seating and patio door, and a second twin bedroom. Outside this cottage near Aislaby is a patio, and to the front, the gravelled fold yard garden provides the perfect spot for alfresco dining, whilst areas around the farm enjoy the beautiful views, magnificent sunsets and sometimes rainbows over the Esk Valley. This Aislaby holiday home is ideal for a family wanting to get away from it all. Walking and cycling routes are nearby, and within a fifteen minute drive is the bustling, seaside town of Whitby and Sandsend Beach. Go on an evening ghost walk or amble around the quaint cobbled streets and ancient harbour. With the wonderful moors and dramatic coastline to explore, market towns such as Pickering, Malton and Helmsley close by and a wealth of activities in the vicinity, this Aislaby cottage pleases everyone. Note: This cottage is next to Ref. 911816, together they sleep 6.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with comfy seating (down 3 steps), 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
Biomass underfloor heating. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, Bluetooth iPod speaker dock, selection of books and DVDs. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot and highchair on request. Ample off road parking. Bike storage. Patio, lawned and gravelled areas with furniture. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 3 miles, pub 1.5 miles. Beach 4.5 miles. Note: Access is by 5 steps up.
- “We had the warmest of welcomes from a lovely family, and liked the quiet scenic location and the overall comfort of the accommodation.”
- “A wonderful clean and well equipped cottage in a superb location. The hosts were lovely friendly and helpful, and go to great lengths to make sure your stay is enjoyable. Highly recommended.”
- “A lovely cottage with fantastic views. Had a very friendly owner on site. A lovely area with lots to see and do.”
- “This was our 3rd visit to Rose Cottage in about a year and hope to return again. I think that illustrates how much we love it. Great to be able to fetch the dog on holiday too, to such a fantastic place.”
- “The cottage was warm, as was the welcome from the owners. We had good weather and really enjoyed our stay.”
- “Roe Cottage was spot-on. This was our second visit, so we knew exactly what to expect.”
- “Great hosts, nothing was too much trouble. Gorgeous cottage and location.”
- “Peaceful and quiet location. Access to good walks and places of interest”
- “The owners were very welcoming and friendly. The cottage was cosy, comfortable and clean. Ideally situated to explore and visit all the wonderful surroundings, villages and towns. We will definitely try and return to Rose Cottage in the future and will definitely recommend to friends and family.”
- “The hospitality of the owner, especially on arrival and departure. Nothing was too much trouble. Overall facilities were over and above excellent. The location was great with the views of the Moors. The best accommodation and location we have ever had. VERY highly recommended. 10 out of 10. Did not want to leave and would go back again.”
- “A lovely Cottage with beautiful furnishings and a warm welcome from the owners.”
- “Lovely cottage with beautiful furnishings and a warm welcome from the owner.”
About the location
Sleights 1 mile; Whitby 3 miles; Sandsend 5 miles.
The village of Aislaby is located in the beautiful rolling countryside of the Esk Valley, overlooking Sleights and just three miles from Whitby. A small rural village, quiet and secluded, Aislaby is a thriving community of pretty sandstone cottages clustered around a main street and a thriving community served by the old church and Forge Inn. By cycling, walking, or driving in the surrounding area, guests can visit Egton's famous church of St Hedda with its painted ceiling, walk through the beautiful Arncliffe Woods, discover the historic North Yorkshire Moors Railway at Grosmont, or explore the old mill on the banks of the River Esk. The location is also ideal for exploring the spectacular North York Moors and the many small fishing villages and resort towns of this beautiful coastline. Nearby Whitby, once the home of Captain James Cook, is a charming, atmospheric town of winding streets and hidden alleys, with a picturesque harbour, safe sandy beaches, a broad range of eateries and award-winning fish and chips, and of course the Abbey, which inspired Bram Stoker, reached by the famous 199 steps. For culture lovers, a day trip to the city of York, with its famous minster, the Jorvik Viking Centre, and National Railway Museum will be a fantastic addition to your break.