- Four poster bed
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Pickering 2 miles. An attractive red brick barn conversion, originally an old dairyhouse, attached to the owner's home on a working dairy farm, 2 miles from Pickering.
This charming holiday cottage has been traditionally furnished and decorated, offering spacious, airy accommodation, with a warm, welcoming open fire in the sitting room, a large family kitchen with range cooker and dining area, and French doors leading to a large, enclosed lawned garden.
Upstairs are characterful sloping ceilings with exposed beams, a four poster bed and views over open countryside.
Ideally located for walking, cycling and exploring the pretty villages and market towns in the vicinity, this comfortable holiday cottage also offers easy access to the East Coast resorts of Whitby and Scarborough, whilst the beautiful North York Moors and historical city of York are not to be missed.
Three bedrooms: 1 x four poster double, 1 x twin, 1 x adult bunks. Bathroom with bath with handheld shower attachment, basin & WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin & WC. Fitted kitchen within dining area. Sitting room with open fire.
Oil central heating with open fire in sitting room. Electric range cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 2 x TVs, 1 with Freeview, video, DVD player, radio, CD player. Fuel, power & starter pack for open fire inc. in rent. Bed linen & towels inc. in rent. Cot, highchair & stairgate. Off road parking for 3 cars. Large, enclosed lawned garden shared with owners. Sorry, no pets & no smoking. Shop & pub 1.5 miles.
- Last minute
- “What an excellent place to stay”
- “Me, my wife, and kids (two boys aged 2 and 5) count ourselves extremely lucky to have found such a great place to stay during the October half-term holiday. It was very comfortable and homely, with everything you need, and ideally located for day trips around Yorkshire (which has an enormous amount to offer). Though we were left to enjoy our own privacy, it was a privilege to be shown around the farm by the warm and friendly owners - it was truly eye opening for the kids and indeed ourselves. All in all I'd say it was one of our favourite holidays and we'd definitely go again. I'd highly recommend this wonderful place.”
- “We had a wonderful week. The house was clean and tidy and had everything you needed to be a home from home. family who own farm could not have been more friendly. Homemade ice cream on site very delicious!! Lots to do in area. If taking family would recommend flamingo land was quite pricey but well worth it”
- “Great place to stay”
- “Very welcoming family, lovely comfortable and warm accommodation and good farm stay experience with all the animals. Great to be able to sample ice cream and the many breeds of hens eggs ! Would definitely book up here again for myself and my family ( my teenagers loved it ). Thanks to the whole family at Wythe Syke Farm for such a lovely and memorable holiday.”
- “absolutely fantastic”
- “fantastic location .fantastic cottage, good for visiting all areas of yorkshire moors, very homely cottage all you would need for a home from home holiday and the owners are fantastic too. will be staying again”
- “Family fun on the farm!”
- “Lovely, spacious, comfortable cottage with an enclosed, well-equipped play area for children, so we could relax as the children played happily. The experience of staying on a working farm was fascinating for all of us, and we were made to feel so welcome by the owners. Try the delicious blue eggs! Good location for great choice of atractions for all the family.”
- “A spacious and comfortable cottage with friendly and helpful own”
- “A lovely holiday in a beautiful part of Yorkshire, within close range of many tourist attractions and lovely villages and towns. We were warmly welcomed and the facilities were ideal for our young family. The house was well equipped and if we had any problems the owners were always quick to help. The garden was large and great for the kids to play in. Lots to do and see in and around Pickering, which is just up the road from the farm.We would definitely consider returning in the future.”
- “Wonderfull cottage with great owners”
- “What a lovely cottage with great owners,who are really friendly and helpfull,we had a lovely time exploring the area with trips to whitby on the railway,and scarborough to visit the sealife centre,we'll deffinatly be returning to this cottage.”
- “Our stay was very enjoyable, the cottage very comfortable and the rooms were well laid out.”
- “A quiet country farm unspoilt by modern day noise and intrusion. Just natural country life with farm animals and wild life, but with helpful hosts to advise on any aspect of our holiday.”
- “Lovely farm house with a gorgeous kitchen and open fire in living room which was great. The owners were really friendly and helpful. Would recommend to anyone.”
- “An unforgettable family holiday, especially for the children who were in their element on a working farm. The owners were incredibly friendly and welcoming, they went out of their way to give our family a wonderful experience taking us round the farm, inviting the children to watch (and taste) ice-cream being made on site, help feed the calves and even bringing lambs and a duck with her ducklings to the farm for them to meet. Overall the accommodation was excellent and there is plenty to do in the local area.”
About the location
Kirkbymoorside 7 miles; York 27 miles; Scarborough 18 miles; Whitby 22 miles.
This historic market town, with its full range of amenities and traditional shops, pubs and restaurants, serves as the official gateway to the beautiful North York Moors National Park. Enjoy a ride on the North Yorkshire Moors Steam Railway, where Harry Potter fans can even explore some of the locations used in the filming of The Philosopher’s Stone! The Beck Isle Museum is also well worth a visit, with its unique collection of black and white photography and displays of rural life. Walkers will be spoilt for choice by the rolling hills, valleys, rivers and abundant wildlife of the North York Moors, whilst the City of York and the Heritage Coast are just half an hour’s drive away. All in all, a wonderful setting for a relaxing holiday.