- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This outstanding semi-detached house, a complete re-build of a former farm building is situated in its own grounds, attached to the owners' home, on a working arable farm, in the small rural village of Arkendale, just four miles from Knaresborough.
Exceptionally well-presented, with superb attention to detail, this outstanding Arkendale cottage boasts first class accommodation and includes a Geo Thermal ground source heating system, a water re-cycling system and a solar panel system.
With lovely views from all floors, this cottage near Knaresborough has five spacious bedrooms, all with beautiful, modern en-suite facilities and all perfect for relaxing in after a day's walking and sightseeing in this wonderful area.
The sitting room exudes real quality and style and the adjoining kitchen with its modern fixtures and fittings is ideal for preparing tasty meals, plus the separate dining room is somewhere the whole family can get together.
Finished in a contemporary style throughout, with wonderful lighting systems, underfloor heating and delightful views of the spacious grounds, this is an ideal Arkendale cottage to get away from it all.
Arkendale village has a church, village hall and a pub, whilst nearby is Ferrensby, where guests can visit the General Tarleton and an old coaching inn, which is the biggest attraction in the village.
The inn has been in the village for around 250 years and is now a much-loved restaurant.
A bit further afield is the ancient market town of Knaresborough, on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales.
The town is very popular with visitors to the area as it overlooks the River Nidd and is considered one of the prettiest towns in North Yorkshire.
There are many day trips on offer with some well worth a visit including,Mother Shipton's Cave, the House in the Rock, "Ye Oldest Chymist Shoppe in England", dating back to 1720 and the Courthouse Museum.
Guests to this Arkendale cottage can enjoy excellent walks by the river, cycling, climbing, fishing, boating or just taking in the tranquil atmosphere and beautiful scenery of this stunning area.
Over three floors. Five bedrooms with TV: 1 x king-size double with en-suite bath, basin and WC, 2 x king-size doubles with Jack and Jill shared access to en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x second floor king-size double with en-suite bath, basin and WC, 1 x second floor twin with additional pull-out stacker bed with basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with breakfast bar. Utility. Dining room (seats 10). Sitting room (seats 10) with electric fire.
- Ground source underfloor heating on ground and first floors with electric fire in sitting room
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, additional fridge, washing machine, spin dryer, dishwasher, 6 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available
- Off road parking for 6 cars
- Spacious gardens and patio with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 4 miles, pub 10 mins walk
- Note: Solar panels supply part of the electric for heating and water
- Note: There is a disabled access ramp to the rear of cottage
- Note: Due to a large pond 200 yards from front of cottage, please ensure children are supervised at all times
- Note: There is an interconnecting door between the holiday accommodation and the owner's home, which will remain bolted shut
- Note: Check in time is after 4pm
- Note: No hen or stag parties.
- “A very warm welcome, excellent accommodation with all the home comforts and a lovely view. Walks around the village and area, loads of places to visit albeit not in a few days....visited the local shopping centre and Harrogate Town Centre all the Supermarkets nearby and overall just loved it all and will certainly recommend to family and friends and hopefully return ourselves again in the near future. Just made our family Christmas wonderful.”
- “Lovely location and a lovely warm greeting from the owners. The house is fantastic, was spotlessly clean with excellent facilities. Everything was well explained and having decent Wifi proved very useful. A great base for a wedding at Allerton Castle and for exploring the nearby market towns such as Knaresborough.”
About the location
Ferrensby 1 mile; Knaresborough 4 miles; Harrogate 8 miles; Leeds 17 miles; York 17.5 miles.
Arkendale is a tranquil village in North Yorkshire, set between Knaresborough and Boroughbridge, within driving distance to York, Harrogate, Ripon and Leeds. Stunning scenery surrounds the area with both the North Yorkshire Moors and the Pennines close by. Guests to the area will find a church, a village hall and a local pub, plus close by the rural village of Ferrensby offers the popular attractions of an old coaching inn and the General Tarleton, which serves excellent food. Further afield is the Spa town of Harrogate, which boasts wonderful shops, the famous Bettys tea room, open gardens and spa baths.