- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Hovingham 3 miles. An attractive, single-storey detached cottage set within a quiet rural arable farm estate, near Cawton, 3 miles from the charming village of Hovingham by car, and only 1 mile on foot or by bicycle. Originally old stables, this cottage near Hovingham is ideal for taking full advantage of the beautiful surrounding countryside but being within easy reach of pretty market towns and the historic city of York. With an open plan living area, this Hovingham cottage provides light and airy accommodation with a contemporary kitchen and shower room. Furnished and decorated in a modern style, this Hovingham cottage offers comfortable living with the added luxury of underfloor heating throughout. Outside, a small rear patio area provides a lovely spot to sit and relax with a morning coffee. A 0.75 mile private farm track leads up to this Hovingham cottage, with fine panoramic views of open countryside. In an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, this Hovingham cottage offers excellent walking and cycling prospects, whilst the stately homes of Nunnington Hall, Duncombe Park and Castle Howard lie within a short distance. Picturesque Hovingham provides two excellent traditional inns, a local shop and quaint tea room, whilst the nearby pretty market towns of Helmsley and Malton are steeped in history with a rich variety of delightful shops and amenities. A perfect Hovingham cottage for a year-round break.
All ground floor. One twin bedroom with en-suite wet room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area. Hallway with cloakroom and shower.
Gas underfloor heating. Electric oven, ceramic hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, radio, WiFi. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen, towels and dressing gowns inc. in rent. Off road parking for 2 cars. Small patio with furniture and BBQ. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 3 miles. Hovingham 1 mile walk/cycle along the Ebor Way. Note: Property is accessed by a 0.75 mile farm track. Note: Children not accepted at this property.
- Last minute
- “Beautiful area and lovely cottage”
- “We had a fantastic time, there are lots of places to visit nearby and the owners gave lots of local information. There is free Wifi in the courtyard which I found very useful for quick internet useage. A very cosy cottage with a lovely walk in shower.”
- “A lovely cosy, comfortable cottage. In a very quiet location yet within easy reach of many local attractions.”
- “From the outside the cottage appeared to be very small but once inside the available space has been used to its maximum potential. The en-suite wet room was certainly an added bonus. The owner was very welcoming but in no way intrusive. The cottage location means that walks are available from the door. I would happily recommend this cottage to others.”
- “Stable Cottage provides a warm and comfy base in beautiful and peaceful surroundings. The attractions in the area include many National Trust and English Heritage properties, several villages/market towns with excellent local produce and lots of countryside to explore.”
- “The cottage is in a first rate location on The Ebor Way. Walking is what we wanted to do and walking is what we did. We only travelled about 20 miles in the car all week. The walking was great for us and our dog Sam. After our long walks the cottage was a lovely place to come back to with its underfloor heating and the lovely wet room with plenty of hot water and a great shower. The owners, who live next door, are on hand if anything goes wrong.”
- “A very quiet location filled with birdsong. The owners were very helpful and friendly without being intrusive. The village shop was also very helpful and the parking at the village hall makes it very easy.”
- “We had a wonderful holiday and enjoyed every minute of it, the cottage was peaceful and all we hoped it would be. The owners were very helpful and friendly and even though they were busy with a major happy family event they made us very welcome. The cottage was a perfect base to visit all the places we wanted to go to easily and there were some good walks in the area too. We loved it thank you.”
- “The location of the property near to places of interest and for walking the dog safely was excellent.”
About the location
Helmsley 8 miles; Malton 8 miles; York 20 miles.
The pretty North Yorkshire village of Hovingham sits amidst the beautiful countryside of the Howardian Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The village is a real gem, with a beck running down the high street, two excellent inns, a traditional village shop, a tea room and a bakery. There are excellent walking and cycling opportunities from the village itself, as well as easy access to the beautiful National Park. The stately home and gardens of Castle Howard are just 4 miles away, and the market towns of Malton and Helmsley are 8 miles away. Historic York and the attractions of the East Coast are further afield but well worth the trip!