- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Games Room
York 5 miles. Charming Claxton Grange comprises fourteen quality holiday cottages, standing within sixteen acres of private grounds, including areas of woodland, orchards and a wildlife pond. Formerly a working farm, it now offers spacious and very comfortable accommodation for visitors, together with an excellent range of facilities, including an indoor heated swimming-pool, games room and tennis court. Just five miles from historic York, these lovely properties make an ideal retreat for those wishing to explore the city, the rugged moors or even the coastal resorts of Whitby and Scarborough.
A traditional brick-built mid-terrace cottage with use of an indoor heated swimming pool, games room and tennis court, in the tranquil countryside surroundings of Claxton Hall.
Recently renovated, Priestley offers cosy, well-equipped accommodation including an open fire and makes an ideal base any time of year.
Note: Ref.1404 Bronte is on the same site, and together they can accommodate up to 10 people.
Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 2 x twin. Bathroom with bath with shower over, basin & WC. Additional ground floor WC with basin. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with open fire. Pool House: Shared use of indoor heated swimming pool, open daily all year round. Full changing & shower facilities, shared use of games room and garden room opening onto a large enclosed lawned area.
- Oil central heating with open fire in sitting room
- Electric cooker, microwave, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, video, radio, stereo/CD player
- Shared use of on-site laundry room with coin-operated washing machine and tumble dryer
- Shared use of garden room with WiFi
- Oil & electricity inc. in rent
- Coal can be purchased from the reception area
- Bed linen, towels & pool towels inc. in rent
- Shared use of indoor swimming pool & games room (with table football, board games, pool table, games machine, small charge for pool table & games machine)
- Cot & highchair available on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Enclosed front garden with garden furniture
- Communal BBQ area, tennis court & grassed games area
- Sorry, no pets & no smoking
- Shops & pubs 1 mile
- Note: WiFi is only available in the garden room.
About the location
The city of York needs no recommendation, for it teems with interest for the holidaymaker: the Minster, its medieval walls, boat trips on the River Ouse, York Races, museums (including the famous National Railway Museum and the Castle Museum), and the internationally-renowned Jorvik Viking Centre and its "time trip" experience. Summer and winter, there is something to fascinate the whole family. Explore York’s quaint streets and hidden corners, or take an excursion further afield to the Dales, Moors or the coastal resorts of Scarborough, Whitby and Filey. Yorkshire is rich in stately homes, with Harewood House and Castle Howard just two of several within an hour’s drive. A cycling city boasting two theatres, character pubs and great shopping, York has it all.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute