- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
A superb, first floor studio barn conversion, set amidst stunning countryside on the owners' smallholding, in the sleepy village of Staintondale, between Whitby and Scarborough.
Sympathetically converted from a stone and pantile granary, this Staintondale cottage offers a luxurious romantic hideaway for couples wanting tranquillity and privacy within a spectacular wildlife environment.
Beautifully appointed throughout, this Staintondale cottage exudes style and character, with exposed beams, aged timber floors and quirky low windows.
The spacious studio-style room boasts high quality furnishings, a cosy and comfortable sitting area and a sumptuous super king-size bed, an absolute delight to sink into at the end of the day!
The separate country style kitchen of this Staintondale cottage has handmade, bespoke cupboards, granite worktops and a Belfast sink, with a cosy and cheerful dining area overlooking fields.
With great attention to detail throughout, this well-equipped Staintondale cottage seamlessly combines tradition with modern comforts, providing an exceptional holiday home, with glorious, panoramic views towards the coast, over forestry and rolling countryside.
Wander around the 14 acres of grounds and fields and you may be lucky enough to see roe deer on the edge of the wood, or foxes drinking by the pond.
Guests are welcome to comb the friendly highland cows and Shetland ponies!
From this Staintondale cottage, there are fantastic walking opportunities from the door, with the Cleveland Way and the Cinder Track both within a 15 minute walk.
Ideally placed, a short drive brings you to the historic seaside port of Whitby, famous for its imposing abbey, cobbled narrow streets and wonderful fish and chips!
Visit nearby Grosmont and experience a trip back in time on the steam railway, or explore the pretty inland villages such as Goathland (Aidensfield) and the market towns of Pickering and Malton.
With such a wealth of attractions in the area, your first visit to this gem of a property will not be your last!
All first floor (accessed via internal staircase). Open plan studio living area with super king-size double bed and sitting area. Separate fitted kitchen with dining area. Shower room with shower, basin and WC.
- Gas central heating
- Electric combination oven and microwave, electric induction hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, radio, iPod dock, WiFi
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Ample off road parking
- Lockable bike storage
- Shared use of extensive gardens with furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 5 mins walk (limited opening times), pub 1.7 miles
- Note: This property is not suitable for infants or children
- Note: WiFi can be slow
- Last minute
- “This is a wonderful place to stay, with easy access to be able to explore the Yorkshire Moors and the Yorkshire coast. The Owners were friendly and helpful and not far away should you require any assistance during your stay. The Loft is excellently presented and is clean and cosy. It was just the right place to be able to relax and de-stress and enjoy the countryside,”
- “Snug, cosy and very comfortable.”
- “The loft is beautiful, oak beams, low windows and very quirky. We really loved our holiday there. It was excellent, and all the "little extras" were provided, even shampoo and shower soap. The owners, Graham and Pippa, were lovely people, and nothing was too much trouble, very helpful with places to visit, shop, etc. The North Yorkshire area is very beautiful and we would definitely visit again.”
- “we had a lovely stay..the loft was beautifully decorated and very, very comfortable week the people were very friendly and helpful ..pippa and graham ..couldn't do enough to help us...the location was very picturesque everything was just good”
- “Comfortable, well equipped accommodation for two.”
- “Very pleasant, comfortable and extremely well equipped accommodation in good walking country a mile or so inland from the Cleveland Way coastal path. A warm welcome on arrival.A most enjoyable week despite torrential thunder storms!”
- “Cozy and comfortable”
- “Excellent and well presented appartement with everything you could wish for. Very welcoming and knowledgable hosts who provided us with lots of information about where to go and what to do.”
- “A beautiful location, a perfect base for visiting so many lovely places within easy reach. We could not fault the cottage, the owners have gone way beyond the call of duty and their attention to detail was quite astonishing.”
- “The Loft is a little gem. Beautifully decorated, furnished and in an idyllic location of rolling hills and picture perfect farmland, with views of the sea. The hosts are exceptionally friendly and helpful.”
- “The Loft was well located for peace and quiet. It was very comfortable, warm, wind proof, and well equipped. The bed was supremely comfortable, just right after a hard day's walking on the moors.”
- “This is a high quality property, exactly as advertised. The owners were warm, friendly and helpful upon arrival and on hand if required. A quiet, relaxing and calm environment and an ideal base to explore the Yorkshire coast.”
- “The property is ideal for two, well presented and ideally located for walking (Cleveland Way and Cinder Track easily accessible) and touring.”
- “Comfortable accommodation and furnishings. Quiet and peaceful. We also liked Ginny the dog and the Shetland ponies.”
- “The overall experience was excellent. The Loft was very well-appointed and designed to create a peaceful and homely retreat.”
- “This place was amazing. So many little things that made for a 1st class holiday. Absolutely wonderful.”
- “We have never seen such luxury accommodation before where no expense has been spared in preparing this property for rental. Well done vendors!”
- “The Loft is a beautiful place to stay and we have stayed there many times. The cleanliness is second to none and I am very fussy, I have never been anywhere as clean. The decor is beautiful and its a beautiful area.”
- “The accommodation was absolutely first class, everything was beautifully done. Nothing was too much trouble for the owner and they had thought of everything, the finishing touches were perfect. I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone and would love to stay again.”
About the location
Scarborough 8 miles; Robin Hood's Bay 10 miles; Whitby 13 miles.
Staintondale is a delightful scattered village on the edge of the North Yorkshire Moors, close to the coast. Midway between the fishing town of Whitby, with its famous Abbey, and the Spa town of Scarborough, with its theatres and entertainment, it is a haven of peace offering the best of both worlds. The Staintondale Shire Horse Farm is just down the road, while there is a network of footpaths and bridleways in the village. A superb base from which to explore the region.