- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
A charming semi-detached, brick barn conversion situated in beautiful, extensive grounds, in Ebberston village, between Scarborough and Pickering.
Originally an old apple store, this Ebberston cottage is one of a group of five cottages clustered around a gravelled courtyard and is ideal for a couple wanting to explore both the North York Moors National Park and the east coast seaside towns.
Offering accommodation over two floors, this Ebberston cottage has a bright and cosy first floor sitting room, whilst the kitchen, dining area and bedroom lie on the ground floor.
Warm and welcoming, this comfortable North York Moors cottage has excellent leisure facilities, with a communal heated indoor swimming pool and games room.
Outside this cottage in Ebberston are well-maintained gardens and grounds of four acres, including a Victorian walled garden - the perfect spot to sit with a glass of wine and watch the sun go down.
Beyond this is a pretty pond and stream set in woodland, whilst the orchard and Italianate garden provides a tranquil retreat in which to relax and unwind with a good book.
A few minutes’ drive from this North York Moors cottage brings you to the popular market town of Pickering, with its castle, steam railway and rich array of independent shops, eateries and pubs.
Close by to this Ebberston holiday home lies Dalby Forest, known for its biking trails and walking paths of all levels, whilst the stunning scenery of the moors is ripe for exploring.
Nearby Scarborough and Whitby are traditional seaside resorts, with wonderful sandy beaches, pleasant promenades and renowned fish and chips!
A lovely Ebberston cottage in a superb area with many attractions nearby.
One ground floor double bedroom. First floor bathroom with bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. First floor sitting room. Shared utility. Shared games room. Shared indoor swimming pool.
- Gas central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, shared laundry room with coin-operated washing machine and tumble dryer, TV with Freeview, DVD, selection of books
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent, please bring own pool towels
- Travel cot on request
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Shared, enclosed garden and grounds of 4 acres with furniture and ancient living tree house
- Shared use of heated indoor swimming pool and games room with table tennis, pool (requires 2 x 20p per game), dartboard (bring own darts); leisure facilities available from 8am to 9pm daily
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 1 mile, pub 2 mins walk
- Note: Washing machine takes £1 and the dryer 50p (change available from reception if required)
- Note: Swimming pool closed every Friday from 10am to 2pm due to cleaning and maintenance
- Note: Check-in time between 4-9pm, please contact owner if later than 9pm
- Note: Babies under 6 months only
About the location
Pickering 6 miles; Scarborough 9 miles.
The delightful village of Ebberston is situated on the edge of Dalby Forest, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, just 6 miles from Pickering and boasting a main street lined with pretty stone cottages and an excellent inn. The sound of running water can be heard from the stream which swiftly flows through the village down to the Derwent River at nearby Yedingham, whilst the surrounding area provides a good range of activities, including a horse riding centre, a 9 hole golf course, a children's playground and mountain biking for the more adventurous! Castle Howard and Dalby Forest both provide great walking and cycling opportunities for visitors of all abilities, whilst the lovely nearby market town of Pickering offers quaint shopping streets, an historic castle and access to the famous North York Moors Steam Railway. With the popular seaside towns of Scarborough and Filey, with their long, safe, sandy beaches and interesting tourist attractions within easy driving distance, this ideal location has plenty to offer all the family, at any time of year!
Note: Babies under 6 months only.
- Last minute