- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A lovely stone terraced cottage, situated in a peaceful, rural location in the picturesque village of Egton Bridge, 8 miles from Whitby.
Full of character, this Egton Bridge cottage provides an ideal holiday home to relax and unwind and enjoy the beautiful surrounding countryside.
Renovated to a high standard, this North York Moors cottage retains many period features including beamed ceilings, exposed stonework and wooden floors.
The spacious farmhouse style kitchen is well-equipped with a large pine table - a perfect social area to sit and discuss the day's activities.
The warm and welcoming sitting room at this Egton Bridge cottage has a cosy woodburning stove and a flagged floor, whilst upstairs are three individually styled pretty bedrooms and an extra snug area on the landing with sofa bed and TV.
Outside this cottage in Egton Bridge is a delightful paved patio with pleasant views over open fields.
A minute's walk from this Egton Bridge cottage brings you to the local inn, which serves real ales and good food, whilst a short stroll leads you to the attractive riverside and the second country inn with fabulous beer garden.
There is excellent walking from the doorstep through the wooded countryside, whilst the seaside town of Whitby lies 8 miles away.
This delightful North York Moors cottage, with its proximity to coast and countryside, provides an ideal base for an enjoyable break for all the family.
Over three floors. Three bedrooms: 2 x double (one with en-suite shower, basin and WC), 1 x 2nd floor twin. Bathroomwith bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburning stove. Second floor snug area on landing with single sofa bed and TV.
Underfloor heating downstairs and in bathrooms and electric convector heaters in bedrooms with woodburning stove in sitting room. Electric oven, electric ceramic hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with FreeSat, DVD, radio/CD player, selection of books, DVDs and games. Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot and highchair on request. Roadside parking outside property. Enclosed patio to rear with furniture and BBQ. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop 3 miles. Pub 1 min walk. Note: The 2nd floor twin bedroom has a sloping ceiling and restricted headroom.
- Last minute
- “Everything you need for a great holiday in a great location.”
- “Our stay at Heddas Cottage with six adults and 2 dogs (with permission) was brilliant. The cottage was great, a large well equipped kitchen, and very comfortable. The location is superb with great views and close to two pubs in the village. Access to Grossmont and the NYMR within walking distance and Whitby by car. Kath, your meet & greeter is a wealth of knowledge and very amenable to help your stay be the great break you are looking for. The under floor heating is a blessing on cold autum mornings. We didn't need to light the wood burner at all. Overall, a most pleasant cottage well equipped and well worth our 5 star rating.”
- “Super cottage..super location”
- “Wonderful stay at the cottage .loved to see the chickens scurrying around! Very warm and cosy cottage with everything you could ever want on hand and beautifully decorated.i personally found the bed rather hard in the master bedroom but that was just my preference. One suggestion...it would have been nice to have had directions to the nearest shop for essentials and perhaps the addition of a small carton of milk in the fridge.”
- “Fantastic cottage!!”
- “We have recently come back from a weeks holiday and was over the moon with the cottage. It's in a lovely quiet location but within easy access to Whitby via Road or rail. Lovely pubs within walking distance. The cottage itself was extremely well equipped with all the modern cons needed. The cottage is very cosy and had great under floor heating. It was clean and tidy and loved the personal touches. I cannot recommend this cottage enough x x”
- “The cottage was gorgeous and finished to a high standard. We loved the diner/kitchen - a great place for everybody to get together to eat after a day out.”
- “First class, well equipped holiday cottage comes with very friendly and informative caretaker.”
- “The cottage was lovely and cosy, it had everything we needed.”
- “This was probably the best equipped cottage we have stayed in.”
- “We enjoyed our holiday very much, excellent holiday accommodation.”
- “A very comfortable warm place - our dog particularly liked the underfloor heating and the welcome from the caretaker. In a good location with off road walking available two minutes walk away and the coast a 15min drive. Great dog friendly pub that served very good food just a one minute walk away.”
- “A great cottage with great facilities. We had a great time.”
- “The area was lovely. There are excellent inns close by with very good food and lovely walks right on the doorstep.”
- “Super accommodation, everything anyone could wish for in a property and location.”
- “Good location with train station and a good pub literally on the doorstep. There was another good pub within walking distance as was Grosmont where the steam trains run from. Reasonably easy access to Whitby and nearby coastal areas, plus Ruswarp for boating on the river and mini railway.”
- “The whole holiday was excellent. The Cottage was in a nice quiet place yet still a very short distance by car to great beaches. The accommodation was fabulous. I would recommend this cottage to others and will most definitely be using it again in the future.”
- “Excellent location, lovely family kitchen and the master bedroom was incredible. Very friendly owner and some great pubs in the village.”
About the location
Sleights 5 miles; Whitby 8 miles.
The small village of Egton Bridge lies in the valley alongside the picturesque River Esk, eight miles from Whitby. There are pretty stone cottages surrounded by woodland and an excellent network of public footpaths into the hills and riverside. The two village inns both serve real ales and splendid food with attractive beer gardens. The popular, long distance coast-to-coast walk goes through the village and along the ancient Toll Road leading to Grosmont, the terminus of the North York Moors Railway. Egton Bridge is home to the famous Egton Bridge Gooseberry Show and also the beautiful St. Heddas Church. Being in the heart of the North York Moors, Egton Bridge is also well placed to visit key areas of interest within the National Park and is on the Whitby to Middlesbrough railway line. Whitby is within easy travelling distance and has something for everyone. Egton Bridge is an ideal base for exploring the area.